The light of the glade- part 3

I sat on the edge of my bed, my legs dangling over. How was this possible? Everyone thought she died.

"I can't believe she's really here" Minho said.

"Do you think we should try talking to her?" Frypan asked.

I was about to say something when a clattering sound from under one of the beds made me stop. A girl climbed from under the bunk, followed by a boy.

"Y/n?" Minho asked.

"Hey boys" She smiled " Good to see you"

"What the hell is going on?" Thomas asked.

"I'm Y/n, this is Aris" She explained.

"It's so good to see you Y/n" Minho hugged her tightly.

"Aww I missed you Min"

I jumped down from the bed, and she let go, quickly turning around. She was just a pretty as I remember, from the last time I saw her.

"Newt" She said.

She slowly walked foward, almost like she was being cautious of me. Then when she reached me, she gently hugged me. Not like the friendly way she hugged Minho, she lightly wrapped her arms around my neck and hung her face in my shoulder. I didn't hug back at first, but when my brain was finally able to process what was happening, I moved my arms around her back and pulled her closer.

"I'm so sorry Newt" She apologised " I didn't want to leave you"

"Oh so this is Newt" Aris said " Not like how I imagined him"

"Hey!" She let go and scowled at him.

"I'm just saying"

"Who is this guy?" Frypan asked.

"He's my friend"

"Ok I'd really love to know what the hell happened to you" Minho said.

"When I went into the maze that day, I came across a greiver. It stung me, and I passes out. Next thing I knew I woke up and I didn't know where I was. But I heard people talking about me, how they made a mistake with me and put me in the wrong maze. So they put me into a different one, with Aris and the girl group."

"Wow, that must have been a lot to take in" Thomas said.

"Well, now I've found you again I won't be leaving you"

Y/n and Aris had to leave to go back to their own rooms, and the rest of us settled down to get some sleep. Only I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was her. When I heard someone climbing up the bunk ladders I was going to pretend to be asleep, when I realised it was her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Couldn't sleep" She sat down next to me.

"Yeah, me neither" I sighed " Everyone told me you were dead after you left"

"But you didn't believe them?"

"No, I couldn't bare the thought. I missed you"

"So did I"

After about a minute of silence, she spoke " Newt, I've really been struggling to sleep since I left the glade, the nurses said I developed insomnia. Could you help me sleep?"

"I suppose I could" I opened my arms.

She snuggled into me, resting her head on my chest like she always used to, and I stroked her hair.

"I still love you Newt" She said " I never stopped loving you"

"I love you too" I gave her lips a little kiss before she put her head back down and quickly fell asleep.