Not so bad

I sat with Thomas and Minho in the cafeteria. Occasionally sipping my water when I heard a familiar voice shouting.

"That's absolute bullshit, we've shared  a room since we were six years old!" Y/n screamed.

"Sorry, Jansons orders" The guard shrugged.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT JANSON SAID!"

"Would you quit screaming you're giving me a migraine" I complained.

She turned to me with a scowl on her face "Oh shut it lizard, not like you've got anything in there anyway"

"God Y/n, you're such a brat" I rolled my eyes.

She turned back to the guard "I want to talk to Janson"

Just then Janson walked into the scene "Y/n, come with me"

She followed him out and noise returned to the room again. Thomas released a long breath "Damn that girl has some lungs on her"

"Yeah, I bet Newt would love to hear her screaming something else" Mimho laughed.

"Are you out of your mind? Have you seen her? She's an absolute psycho"

"You like her"

"Whatever, I'm going to bed" I got up and left to head to my room, which I shared with five other boys. As I headed back, I stopped when I heard crying.

I looked around the corner to see Y/n hunched in the corner with her knees to her chest, sobbing. She looked up for a second, noticing me. Her eyes were pink and puffy and she had tears streaming down her face.

"What do you want? Leave me alone"

"Look I know we're not exactly... on good terms. But we're all the same here."

She wiped her eyes with the sleeve of her hoodie and sniffled a little "They took her away. Teresa. Said she had to do some sort of special training."

"Special training?"

"I don't know. But I think they're taking Thomas too"

My heart dropped. Not Tommy. But why would they want to take them away from us?

"I'm sure it's fine, they'll probably come back soon" I assured her "It'll be fine"

"I guess, you're not so bad... lizard"

I chuckled "It's not actually a lizard it's a salamander, but it doesn't matter. Come on, you should get some sleep."