little sis (requested)

I sat on the grass as Thomas sat behind me braiding my hair for bed. He did it for me every night. Perfectly neat French braids.

I could never understand how he knew how to do them, and so well. But it was a like our sibling bonding time, for him to just braid my hair.

I knew Thomas was my brother as soon as I saw him when I came up the box. It was the only thing I could remember about my life other than my name.

Thomas was so important to me. Probably the most important thing to me. I always nodded him goodbye when he went into the maze and waited for him to come back.

I couldn't bare loosing him.

"All done" He said.

I felt the bumps of the braids on my head all the way down to the bottom.

"How do you do it so well?"

"I do it every night"

"That's fair"

He stood up "Come on, time to get some sleep, we have a busy day tomorrow"

I stayed on the floor, and hugged my knees close to my chest much like a hedgehog curls up into a ball when it's threatened.

"What's the matter?" He crouched down to my level.

"Nothing..."

"Come on I'm not stupid. Are you scares of the grievers again?"

I slowly nodded and held my head down to the floor to avoid his eye contact, feeling ashamed of acting weak
.

"It's ok to be afraid you know, any normal human would he afraid of those things" He smiled " Would you like to come sleep with me tonight?"

"Maybe"

"Come on then" He grabbed my hand and pulled me along to his hut.

He cuddled me tightly, as fell asleep, making sure I knew I was safe in his arms.

I don't know what I'd do without him.