PG

We were in an abandoned mall. Rummaging for useful supplies, jackets, bottles, torches, batteries even. Anything that could help us stay alive. That was our main goal right now. As I scrounged, I found a tattered, small bear. It's once brown fur muddied with dirt and rough. On its left paw was a red heart, with the initials E.L. I wondered who this bear once belonged to and what happened to them.  

Lights flickered on, dissipating the darkness of the mall. I got up and walked over to the others who were just as confused as me. Then yelling. Thomas and Minho were running towards us, shouting, "RUN."

It became clear why they were running frantically, a band of cranks chased after them.

"Oh shit." Newt cursed.

We all turned and ran. As fast as we could, there was no idea of direction, just run.

"What the hell are those things?!" I heard Winston shout.

"I don't know, just keep running!" Thomas yelled back.

Reaching two escalators, Thomas and Minho start running up one, and a crank grabbed Minho's leg. The other escalator was blocked with rubble, and I froze, not knowing what to do. Did I help Minho and Thomas, or find somewhere else to run?

Newt grabbed a hold of my shoulders, pulling me around the escalator. "This way!"

I followed him, running into what must have been a shop. Or was it once. Collapsing on a wall, I caught my breath back. "Do you think we lost them?"

"I hope so."

"What about the others?"

"Give it a minute, and we'll -" He paused.

"What? What's wro-" He grabbed a hold of me, covering my mouth and pushing me around the corner. My back hit the wall, either on purpose or accident. It didn't matter because now our bodies were pressed against each other. I looked up at him, and he raised a finger to his lips.

I faintly nodded to show him I understood, and his hand moved off my mouth. But he kept looking at me, not with fear, something else. Suddenly, I became aware of his hand on my waist, and it made my heart race again. His face leaned forward slightly. So I followed and kissed him. All thoughts leaving my head as my lips took control.

"You two look comfortable." Minho said.

Newt jumped back. Minho and Thomas stood behind us, Thomas looked like he was about to collapse, and Minho was smirking smugly.

"Don't let us interrupt your little moment. We're only getting chased by cranks."

"Shut up, Minho." Newt grumbled.

"Where are the others?" I attempted to change the topic, not only because this was midly embarrassing, but because Minho was right. We were being chased by cranks.

"No idea, we managed to escape and find you." Thomas explained.

"Well, we best get moving and find them." Newt ushered us to leave, clearly desperate to get out of this confined room, and I didn't blame him.

"So long as you keep it, PG." Minho added.

"I'm gonna strangle him."