Alby and his bloody rules

There are three rules in the glade and everyone must abide them. These three rules were made up by Alby, he sort of runs the place as he was the first ever person to arrive in the glade. But none of that really matters. These three rules, must be followed at all times.

One, do your part.

Everyone is assigned to a job when they come up the box, and you have to do your job, otherwise nothing would work around here.

Two, never harm another glader.

We can't have people getting injured  left right and centre, especially considering it would make my job as a medjack ten times harder.

Three, Never go into the maze.

I think that ones pretty self explanatory, unless you're Thomas of course.

When I arrived in the glade about a year ago, a new rule was added to the list. Because I'm a girl, Alby thought it would be appropriate to create a new rule. I'm one girl amongst over fifty teenage boys, what could possibly go wrong?

Four, no one touches the girl intimately.

This was never an issue for me, because nothing like that ever crossed my mind. Until a little while ago.

I'd always been close with Newt, and everyone was aware of it. But our relationship which had been considered platonic, quickly changed a few months ago.

"How you doing love?" I heard the door open and close.

"As I always am" I shrugged "It's not that I want people to get hurt, but no one's been in here for a while and it's quite frankly getting boring."

"Then why not just leave?"

"Clint won't let me" I sighed "He says there has to be at least one medjack on duty incase of an emergency. Today is me."

"Shame. I really looking forward to my day off."

"You can still enjoy your day off."

"Not without you I can't."

I forced away my smile and turned away for a second.

"You'll be at the bonfire tonight though, right?" He asked.

"Sure"

"I'll see you there then love" He winked and left.

I got to the bonfire a little late, but sat down by the fire to keep warm, watching the flames burn in orange embers. I spotted Newt approach me, and he sat down beside me, rather close so our sides touched.

"It's about time I got some alone time with you" He smiled.

"We're never gonna be alone Newt, not with all these people here."

"Well not here at least" He looked at me "I've been thinking a lot lately"

"About what?"

"Alby and his bloody rules. I thought about them, and fuck them."

"What? Why?"

"So I can do this" He cupped my cheek and kissed me gently. His touch was so carful, and gentle.

I pulled away "We can't Newt, Alby will put you in the slammer"

"Ok fine, let's go back to the homestead, your room or mine?"

I smiled "Yours"

He took my hand in his "Then let's go love, and just a warning, I've got much more than just kissing on my mind."