67

Karma woke up tied down on an operating table. He was in a dark, cold room with only one light source, a flickering light bulb hanging above. Karma's eyes shifted place to place, trying to determine where he was.

Then, a man wearing a doctor's coat, a surgical mask and gloves appeared from the shadows. His eyes studied Karma's body.

"Who the hell are you?" Karma demanded with a growl, he tried not to let his nervousness and anxiety show.

"Dr. Elios Valentine" the man replied in a scratchy horse voice, as if he has not drank a drop of water in days. His japanese, perfectly fluent though Karma heard an accent.  "I'll be your surgeon" the man tilted his head to the side and then gleefully added "And captor!" He chuckled. Seeing the anger in Karma's eyes the man shrugged

"Don't worry! You will only be here for a little while, once I get my money from my employer I think you will be free to go---assuming you won't be dead by then"

"Dead?!" Karma felt a lump in his throat. "What are you going to do to me?" Harvest his organs and then sell them in the black market probably. The man walked to a table where various tools were laid out. Karma eyed the scalpels warily. "First, I will have to test your vitals , blood, organs, et cetera, to see if you're clean, not harboring any diseases yada yada"

"I am, actually" Karma retorted smugly. "I have necrosis"

The man laughed. "Do you think that'll prevent me from performing surgery on you? No! It won't!" He walked up to Karma. "My employer offered me a fuck tons of money! He needs me to harvest a bone from you. And even told me I can take some blood as well if I desire"

Karma wasn't liking this

"I can get my job back after this...maybe even buy my own hospital" Valentine mumbled. He hooked some wires to Karma's body, and said the wires were connected to a sort of computer.

"He's talkative, maybe I can get information out of him" Karma  thinks. "Who's your employer?" The red head asked. Valentine chuckled "That's classified and personal! I'm a professional and I don't just give out information to anyone who asks" then the doctor thought for a moment. "But he does have red hair, like yours"

"Kagami you son of a bitch!" Karma angrily thought.

"Enough chit chat! Let's start the operation!" The man placed a breathing mask on Karma's mouth that covered even his nose, and suddenly Karma felt sleepy. "Shit" he thought, as he saw the man pick up a scalpel. "No, no no no fuck!"

And then his vision went black. His last thoughts were about his Gakushū, and wondering if he was looking for him.

_____________________________

Gakushū: Karma's missing. Help.
10:00am

Natsuki's eyes narrowed at the message, feeling anger like never before. The woman stood up with grace, her aura dark and suffocating. She knew very well the urgency in that message. It wasn't just the fact her son was missing because if Gakushū contacted her with just three words it means the situation calls for her to help in any means necessary, probably even if it includes murdering someone.

"My baby is missing eh...I wonder who could be causing trouble for them" she said in a sarcastic manner.

She scheduled a flight for Italy.

___________________________

Chiyo was woken up by her parents arguing. She stayed still in her bed, pretending to sleep.

They were arguing about her operation, her mom was crying and her dad sounded very angry.

"Why can't you just donate for Chiyo?! You're a match!" Layla cried.

Chiyo's hand flew to her mouth to prevent her from gasping.

Her daddy...her daddy was a match? But that's not right! The entire reason they reached out to her brother was because neither of her parents are a match and her half brother was a perfect candidate for a donor.

But as it turns out her daddy could have donated to her and this could all have been avoided?

Why didn't he?