76

Day 26 (3:05am)

"Home at last!" Karma cheered as the plane landed. Gakushū smiled tiredly at his red head.

Sitting behind them, Natsuki was looking out the window. Fast asleep beside her was Layla and Chiyo, the mother and daughter cuddled up together covered by a blanket.

"Hey, we're here" she shook the mother awake. Layla woke up with a start. "O-oh, we're here already?" She was about to wake her daughter up, but changed her mind and carried her instead.

A little while later

The five of them walked out of the airport, all equally looking tired, but content at the same time.

"The Italian policemen are sending Kagami home after finishing some much needed paperwork. The Japanese police will take care of everything as soon as Kagami lands" Layla explained to Natsuki and Karma.

"What about his accomplice?" Gakushū asked warily. Karma shuddered as he remembered that maniac, and the scalpel that was so close to cutting his stomach open. "They caught him trying to fled the country and he'll be facing years in prison under maximum security" Layla assured.

"Thank fucking God" Karma sighed

"Language!" Natsuki hissed pointing at Chiyo.

"She's asleep" Karma reminded.

"She still has ears!" Natsuki snapped.

"I'm just excited for this all to be over" Gakushū said. "It's been a long, tiring 26 days" really, he just wants to take a vacation on an island, sipping wine with Karma and enjoying the warm sun. Summer is approaching steadily and he just wants to relax and forget the events prior.

"Me too" Karma agreed

"And me" Natsuki chuckled

"I agree" Layla added.

"Over here!" They heard familiar voices.

They saw Nanami, Mira and the twins waving at them. Mira was leaning against the hood of the car, smiling warmly at the five of them.

"Hey--Oof!" Gakushū and Karma were engulfed in a tight bone crushing hug.

"Are you boys alright? Karma how do you feel? Are those maniacs behind bars? Gakushū do you have any injuries? Well? Well? ANSWER ME!" Nanami fired question after question at them.

Mira hugged her wife comfortingly. "Sweetheart give them some air, they had a rough few days"

"R-right...sorry I'm just" Nanami stuttered, and began apologizing profusely. "I've been worried sick! No calls? No texts?! I thought you died fuckers!"

"Language!" Mira, Natsuki and Layla chastised the young woman, pointing at the children.

Nanami awkwardly laughed. "Oh, hehe, sorry!" She scratched the back of her head.

It was then that she noticed something shiny in Karma and Gakushū's fingers. Her eyes widened and she snatched their hands in hers. "Wha-Hey!" The men exclaimed. Has she gone crazy finally?

"No....fucking....way" she said slowly and dangerously. Mira groaned. "Nami!" She chastised.

"LOOK!" The blonde woman pointed an accusing finger at Karma and Gakushū. "Wedding rings! WEDDING RINGS! these jerks had gone ahead and eloped in Italy!"

Oh right. With all that's happened they forgot they had gotten married. Karma snickered "Sorry we forgot to invite guests but...we were in a rush" he excused.

Nanami began complaining and scolding her brother and new brother-in-law. "I demand a redo! I demand to be maid of honour! I demand Alice be the flower girl and Alex be ring bearer! Aaaaaargh! You boys are such--"

They drowned at Gakushū's sister's whining and pushed her inside the car.

Layla said she had already called a taxi and would be staying at a hotel. Tomorrow she and Chiyo will be going home back to America, but promised to keep in touch with them.

Chiyo had woken up just as Karma was about to get in the car with his husband and mother. She had caught his eye, and he smiled at her.

Chiyo managed a small smile back. "Onii-san..." She said, before falling back asleep.

____________________

When they arrived at Natsuki and Karma's house, the three of them were so tired that they went to bed wearing their travel clothes. Karma pulled his husband with him into bed, and cuddled together.

"Hey....we still have to do a redo of our wedding you know" Karma said with a yawn. "It's...the right thing to do"

"Yeah" Gakushū kissed his forehead.

"And also, a redo of my proposal" Gakushū whispered as an after thought.

(IWWYB characters as lawyers:
Gakushū, Natsuki, Karma: Hasn't lost a single case, everyone in the law firm either despises them or wants to be them

Nanami, Ren, Rio: There to look good, make the client mad, doesn't give a fuck about the client lol

Mira, Ren, Chiyo: Comes in with nothing, wins by a stroke of luck, leaves wondering what the hell just happened

Alex, Alice, Layla: Starts tearing up the moment the opposition starts speaking

Gakuho, Kagami: Either wins the case through illegal means, or are going to jail with the client lol)