Glenn's Kids

"Okay, so, everyone wash their hands, not just for kakas, but also for wee-wees. And if you need help wiping, well, just come see me, okay?" Glenn took a deep breath before reassessing his previous words. "Obviously, that part is just for the children."

The break room was twice as full as usual today, a swarm of Glenn's foster kids, taking up every other seat or nervously stood beside some strange adult they'd never met before. Thankfully, you'd managed to claim a chair by arriving so early, sandwiched between Marcus who sat beside you and Jonah who's chair pressed against yours, at the table next to you.

One of Glenn's foster kids, a sweet little girl called Bobbie Sue, had tugged at your pant leg as soon as you sat down, inviting herself into your lap with slight struggle as she clawed her way up you. It was simple instinct to help her in her efforts, lifting her by her underarms so she could sit comfortably in your lap. You'd tucked yourself tight against the table so she could play with her toy, and had one arm secured around her waist while the other cradled a much needed cup of coffee.

"I was gonna say, "wee-wees too?" Who washes their hand after a wee-wee?" Marcus asked, an amused smirk crossing his face as he slouched down in his chair, arms crossed loosely across his chest. If it weren't for the fact you were completely enamoured by the tiny hands of the toddler, you'd have been quick to whip some kind of remark about how gross that was.

"Don't say it." Jonah chided, his hands cupped around his cloud 9 mug that rested against the table top. Despite the fact he hadn't turned to face you, you knew his comment was directed at you.

"Say what? I wasn't going to say anything?" You took another sip of your coffee between hushed words, not trying to disturb Bobbie Sue as she stacked cubes into their slots.

"I want a baby." Jonah whined, his tease eliciting a series of gasps from around the room, the loudest from Marcus.

"You want a baby?"

"What? No." Hoisting Bobbie Sue further up your lap, you sheepishly addressed the burning gazes of the break room; making a mental note to smack Jonah in his shoulder later. "Well, yeah, maybe at some point. It's just something I said when Harmonica was born. She's a cute kid. So's Bobbie Sue."

Bouncing your knee elicited a giggle from the girl, Bobbie Sue quickly returning to her blocks after the movement stopped, unknowing the the eyes staring at her.

"She's not wrong." Cheyenne defended, a sweet smile curled on her lips. "Harmonica is the cutest kid at her playgroup."

"Glenn, I don't want to tell you how to parent, but one of your kids is drawing on the back of Mateo's head." Amy's comment quickly took the attention off of you, every turning to see what had been scrawled on the back of Mateo's head, as he frantically felt against it, a look of immense worry crossing his features.

"What?"

"Leo, you put that down, mister." Glenn's reprimand had no affect on the child, his hand pulling away from Mateo's head while mischievous laughter slipped past his lips.

"This is why you can't bring your kids to work." Dina seethed, her unspoken point already proven by Glenn's lack of control and his foster kids mis-behaviour.

A frown was quick to settle on Glenn's face, though not an unusual feat, at Dina's words. "It's just for a few hours. I'm surprising Jerusha with a photo of all the kids we've ever fostered. Obviously, we'll, we'll Photoshop in the prison ones."

"What, what is it? What did he draw?" Mateo was frantically running his hands across the back of his head, feeling for something he wouldn't find to the touch.