River Lullaby

It seemed as though Bucky and our baby girl Elin was experiencing the same difficulty sleeping or nightmares cause when she started crying I went and got her then I heard Bucky crying so I headed into our room climbed carefully into our bed held him toom me as I started to sing the River Lullaby two them both.

Hush now, my baby
Be still love, don't cry
Sleep as you're rocked by the stream
Sleep and remember
My last lullaby
So I'll be with you when you dream

I sang in a soft tone two of them both.

River, oh river
Flow gently for me
Such precious cargo you bear
Do you know somewhere
He can be free
River, deliver him there

After singing the song to them they both calmed down and stopped crying. I was careful with them both as I laid us back Elin being on my chest while Bucky laid his head on my shoulder as I laid there holding them both close to me and started humming the lullaby this time.

When I noticed both of their breathing slowing down I stopped humming and just rubbed their backs as I watched over them.

I knew Bucky's was about his Hydra days and war. and I assume Elin could tell something was wrong with her daddy that made her upset or she two had a nightmare.

I drifted off to sleep knowing that if either of them wake again I'll be right there with them both to comfort and calm them down as I had before.