The Bowtie

Gregory entered Freddy's room, being immediately picked up by the bear.

"There you are Gregory, you had me worried."

"Freddy I'm fine, Monty wasn't even there."

"But if he was, he could've hurt you." Freddy seemed worried.

He put Gregory down after making sure he was ok. Gregory took the time to take out the bowtie from his pocket. 

"Freddy, do you recognize this?" Gregory handed it to him.

Freddy stared at it in his hands, caressing the folds, noticing how some edges were torn. The red color reminded him of a memory that was lost to time.

The bowling alley was closed, the lanes being empty. But yet music still played, a guitar solo echoed in the space. It was a relaxed melody, it had soul to it. As the last string was strummed, ending the song, the applause sounded behind the player. 

"You still got some tricks I see." Freddy chuckled.

"You know it!" Bonnie exclaimed, setting his guitar down.

The two sat at one of the tables in the parlor. Freddy placed a small present on the table, pushing it across to Bonnie.

"What's this?" Bonnie asked, an ear tilting in curiosity.

He opened the gift, taking out a red bowtie.

"Happy birthday Bonnie." 

"Aw, you shouldn't have!" He said gratefully, putting it on almost immediately.

Freddy was brought back to reality with Gregory poking him. 

"Freddy are you ok?" Gregory asked, worried.

"Yes, just got lost in thought is all." He wiped away a few stray tears, setting the bowtie on the vanity, "That bowtie belonged to Bonnie, I gave it to him as a gift for his birthday."

"Oh..." Gregory felt bad for him, but that answered his question.

Gregory went up to the sad bear, giving him a hug in reassurance. Freddy chuckled, patting his head. He was lucky he had Gregory now, it made things lively around the place again, and less lonely.

It had been a while after Freddy had a lamentable episode. He decided to walk with Gregory around the Pizza Plex after the boy said it would be good for him to clear his head. They ran into Roxanne on their walk, she joined them for a bit, giving an update on Monty's attitude. Which didn't change much apparently. 

Gregory decided to hang out with Roxy for a bit, giving Freddy some time to himself. But in reality, it was all part of his plan.

Once Freddy was out of earshot, he asked Roxy for a favor.

"Hey, Roxy could you help me with something?"

"Sure kid, what is it?" Her tail waged slightly.

"There are some boxes that need to be taken down to parts and service but they're kind of heavy."

"Oh yeah I can help with that, where are they?"

"In a storage area in Monty Golf."

Roxy seemed a little unsure now, her tailed drooped, but her ego wouldn't let her say no. She sighed and followed Gregory, watching their backs every second, on edge that they might be seen by Monty.