Open Case

By one o'clock the place was packed. However, yellow hazard tape blocked the entrance to the Casino. Staff bots were in place to act as security, though it didn't stop the public from getting slightly closer than they should. It wasn't until Mr. Wensly showed up did the public ignore the scene.

Wensly ducked under the tape, entering the dark and barren Casino. It was odd and slightly unsettling.  He headed toward the back, where Ace's room was. The door was closed, but not locked.

He entered, everything was still as it was as if he was there last night, but only for some hours. Wensly headed back upon finding nothing of use.

He wasn't pleased with what was going on, he hoped it was a prank.

As he ducked back under the tape he ran into Don. She seemed petrified with apprehension. She looked at Wensly with pleading eyes, to hear him say it's not true. But he only shook his head, a depressing haze filling the air.

He gave a small pat on her shoulder, "I want you down in parts and services, the others will be there shortly."

He headed off, leaving a distraught rabbit behind. She felt like her world was slowly crumbling apart, even with the newfound news from last night. It was a sick game the world was playing with her, testing to see how long she'll last before she rips herself apart.

Entering Parts and Service a little while later, Wensly was met with the entirety of the animal mascots, minus Sun, Moon, and Cloud. They were the only ones here at night, so the investigation started with them.

"I suppose most of you aren't aware of what's happened," he wore a more serious tone, "Ace has gone missing, his last location was pinged at the top floor near Don's Skating Rink."

The group glanced over at Don, who, for the first time they've seen, looked not like her usual self.

"However," Wensly's voice regained their attention, "Don seemed to be with Freddy at the time."

Both Bonnie and Freddy breathed a sigh in relief, Don wasn't a suspect.

"As for everyone else, no one was near him when his signal was cut off, leaving this to be an outside job."

"Are you saying someone broke in?" Chica asked, worried.

"It is a possibility, but an unlikely one at that, the mall has advanced security. No one should be able to get in or out easily."

Monty glanced at Roxy, who looked back. Both of them communicated silently on the matter.

"We don't know what happened, or if it was someone in the first place. But...I can not assure you if there is a possible intruder."

"Why not," Freddy spoke up.

"I...I just can't, there is no evidence yet to eliminate any theory. So for the time being, anything is possible."

After a little more conversing, the Glamrocks were allowed to get ready for their next show. The others however stayed back.

"Don," Wensly began, noticing the dread in her eyes and drooping ears, "why were you with Freddy last night?"

"Ace and I needed to talk with him is all."

"I assume Ace left at some point."

"Yes, he left after a while to go back, I stayed though."

"Did he say why he needed to go back?"

"No."

Wensly stared her down, but couldn't detect her lies, although they were more so half-truths if anything.

"Alright," he seemed to be satisfied with the answers he received, "why did you stay though?"

"Oh uh, Freddy needed to tell me something."

Wensly nodded, already knowing what she meant.

"You can go back now," with that Don left, heading back to her skating rink.

Wensly went through each one, interrogating them on their movements throughout the night. He was aware of Rico's behavior, noting that it was getting progressively worse as the days went on. It was like an error in his coding was corrupting him. Wensly feared that soon they would need to put him temporarily out of commission, or worse.

Cody was the last one to be talked with, he was unusually quiet.

"Cody," Wensly called, but the reptile held no response.

Wensly studied him, he appeared to be normal, but his actions were off.

"Why were you down in the tunnels? Preferably heading towards the off-limits areas?"

"Not your business to be stalking us," the crocodile snarled.

Wensly was taken aback, that was not Cody's typical attitude.

"No need to be brusque Cody, but you shouldn't be down there."

"I can go wherever the hell I want," Cody hissed, his eyes glaring over the man in front of him.

Wensly, not wanting to take his chances, dismissed him. Although he put an alert for staff about him,  taking precautions in case a guest were to get involved. He mentally took note of the slit irises, perhaps there was a bug in his security mode.