System Override

Rico had been previously discharged from parts and service, being put on hourly shifts.

The others were soon to learn about it, all except Don it seemed.

While Ace seemed to be suspicious, it was Cody who decided to first start investigating his friend's odd behavior.

"Psst! Sam!" Cody whispered, trying to get his friend's attention.

Sam appeared above the surface soon after.

"I'm gonna go look for something, cover for me ok?" Cody asked.

"You better be careful, I got a weird feeling about what's going on with Rico."

"I know, but someone's gotta get to the bottom of this."

"You don't always have to be the one to jump into everything head first you know," she deadpanned.

He rolled his eyes with a smirk before getting up from the pool's edge.

Sam gave a salute before diving back down. It was near closing time, so most of the guests were gone now.

Cody slipped away to the far side of his area, shaking off the remaining water as he exited the lazy river before entering through double doors, down to the tunnels.

His tail hovered slightly above the ground as he moved through the desolate tunnels. He didn't know what he was looking for, but he overheard Ace mumbling to himself about something being down there. Or was it someone, he couldn't remember correctly?

Suddenly he heard footsteps up ahead. A lady in a security outfit came into view.

"Hey, what are you doing down here." She shined a flashlight on the crocodile.

"Uh, just got a little lost, needing to go to parts and service."

She glared at him for a moment, before changing her demeanor towards him entirely.

"Oh alright, I can take you if you want, I was needing to go there anyway." She offered in a more friendly tone.

"Oh thanks," Cody followed her.

They took various turns, eventually, Cody started noticing that they were moving further away from the Parts and Service tunnel.

"Say what's your name, I haven't seen you around before, you new or something?" he was finally catching on, only it was too late.

"Oh no, I've been here for quite some time," was all she said.

"Then why did we not turn back there to get to parts and Service?" He slowed his pace to a stop.

She stopped as well, her voice holding a darker presence in it, "Because I have something else in plan with you."

The lady quickly turned around and tased him, causing a surge in his circuits. His body collapsed, his systems shutting down to reboot, the last thing he rendered was her standing over him.

"Let's see how useful you'll be," her voice echoed in his mind.