Somethings Wrong

Don watched with sad eyes as kids bustled about the place. Gregory had been dropped off at the daycare for Sun, Moon, and Cloud to watch for the day.

Don sat on the ledge of a ramp, she couldn't bring herself to hype up the kids today.

She felt a tug on her pant leg, looking down she saw a small girl, she seemed too young to be here without an adult.

Don hopped down, kneeling in front of her. The girl didn't speak but instead moved her hands. It was sign language.

Don watched closely, the girl explained that she had gotten separated from her mother, then a lady with blond hair tried to take her somewhere but she ran away from her.

Don suspected it to be the lady that she met before, but wasn't sure. She picked up the girl after scanning a pass she had, it allowed Don to get information on her mother.

It only took a little while for her to locate the girl's mother, she was talking with a security guard about her missing child. Don handed the girl over, the mother thanking her repeatedly, grateful for her daughter to be safe.

Don headed back to her skating rink, her previous mood not as bad now. She slipped on some skates and joined the kids in the rink, finally starting to have fun and be herself again.

She still felt waves of sadness whenever she looked over toward the Casino, half expecting to hear music or see Ace standing outside greeting people.

Eventually, the bustle of kids calmed down, it was now a few groups at a time. Occasionally she would see staff members come in for their breaks and chat with them, brightening their day.

It was an hour out from closing now. Don was able to shut down the skating rink early due to the lack of guests, which she was glad about overall.

She was wavering at the entrance when a rush of staff ran by. Out of curiosity, she followed. She headed down to the main floor, near the water park. A commotion was echoing out of the Bayou area, Cody's side of the park.

Her ears perked up as an unfamiliar sound pierced the air.

Screams.