Closing Time

It was the end of the day, surprisingly the newbies made it through to the end. At the moment everyone was back at Rockstar Row, discussing what they should do for the night. 

"Sorry everyone, but I'll not be able to join you tonight," Freddy spoke up.

"Aww, why not Fred? I was so looking forward to beating you at Fazer Blast," Roxy groaned, a little disappointed.

"I have somewhere else to be tonight."

"Like where?" Chica asked curiously.

"I'm joining Bonnie tonight for bowling," He replied, fixing his bowtie.

"ooooh," Roxy gave a playful smirk.

Freddy rolled his eyes, going over to Don and Gregory.

"You two behave alright, Don if he gives you any trouble, let me know." He ruffled both their heads before finally leaving.

"Alright everyone, to the Fazcade!" Roxy declared, running off.

Everyone followed behind, besides Chica, who went to catch up with the wolf. Gregory and Don were in the back of the group, snickering at something. Ace and Rico were talking about how their day went. Cody was chatting with Monty, quietly reassuring him.  And Sam was swimming through the pipes back to the pool for the night, she didn't have much access to the main part of the mall really.

At the arcade, the group met up again. They were about to split up when Cody called out.

"Roxy, Chica, could you stay here for a second. Monty has something to tell you." He gave a nod to the gator before taking the others with him and walking off.

"What's up with you?" Roxy remarked.

Chica elbowed her.

"Go on Monty, we're listening, " Chica gave a soft smile.

Monty sighed, "I want to say sorry." 

Roxy went wide-eyed.

"I'm sorry for being so...aggressive and rude." He finished.

"Oh Monty, we forgive you!." Chica hugged him.

Roxy was a little stunned, "Who are you and what did you do with Monty?" she poked his snout, eventually giving him a hug as well.

"What's with the sudden apology, though?" Roxy questioned, thinking it was a setup.

"I just thought it was time I set things straight," He replied.

"Cody had something to do with it didn't he?" Roxy's ears perked up.

"Eh, a little."

"Well, at least things are turning out for the better!" Chica chirped.

"Speaking of which I still need to talk with the kid." Monty sighed, knowing it could be a little difficult.

"You got this dude," Roxy reassured.

Both she and Chica then proceeded to walk off to do their own thing. Monty went looking for Gregory.

Finally, he found him, he was with Cody and Don playing Pacman. 

"Uh, Hey." Monty greeted, catching their attention.

"Oh Hey dude, how'd it go?" Cody asked.

"It went, better than I expected."

"I told you it would be fine."

"I have one more person to talk to for now," he sighed, glancing over at Gregory.

"You'll be fine." Cody patted Monty's shoulder.

Monty went over to Gregory, kneeling down as to not tower over the boy. Gregory backed away slightly, hiding behind Don. Don rested her hand on his head, giving a reassuring smile. He moved closer to Monty.

"Hey little guy, I just wanted to say sorry for scaring you...and being mean." He spoke softly, it was out of character, to say the least.

Gregory stared at him. Monty got a little uneasy, did he break him? He was about to speak again when he felt a slight tightness around his neck. He blinked, seeing Gregory hugging him. He slowly hugged back, being very careful not to hurt him. 

He let go, meeting eyes with the kid.

"Apology accepted!" Gregory smiled.

There was a slight thudding sound, Don looked over to see Monty's tail hitting the ground lightly, like a dog wagging its tail.

'Holy crap that's adorable' Don thought, she looked over to see Cody on the edge of tears from how sweet this moment was.

"Alright let's play some games!" Monty scooped up Gregory and carried him off to another part of the arcade, Don and Cody following.