Small Talk

Freddy didn't want to let go, part of him feared that if he did he would lose him again. But he wanted to see the bunny's face again, he missed it.

Freddy let go slightly, pulling back to look at him. Without thinking he brought his hand up, caressing the rabbit's face. This caught both of them off guard for a moment. Bonnie's ears perked up in surprise.

"Sorry," Freddy awkwardly chuckled, "I just missed you....so much." His ears drooped a bit.

Bonnie put his hand over Freddy's, giving a small smile. Gregory was sitting in a booth now, even for a kid he knew something was up, which made a mischievous grin appear across his face. Freddy noticed.

"What's with that look Gregory?" His ears perked up again.

"Oh nooooothiiing," he smiled innocently.

Bonnie gave him a 'Really' look. Making the kid giggle. He checked his watch.

"Freddy I'm gonna go hide, there's still an hour but I want to go check on something." He said getting up and walking toward the exit of the bowling alley.

"Ok, stay safe."

Once Gregory left it was only then that they both realized they were still holding each other. They awkwardly let go, both not wanting too deep down, but they couldn't speak their minds.

"So, how have you been since I was gone?" Bonnie asked, sitting back down on his stage.

"I've been ok I guess you can say," Freddy sighed, sitting next to him.

"Something wrong Fred?" Bonnie could always tell something was bothering the bear.

Freddy stared at the ground for a bit, he seemed to be thinking.

"It's just that," Freddy began, "after you disappeared, things have been so...difficult it felt like." He finally admitted. "I felt alone." His voice was quiet.

Bonnie gently lifted Freddy's chin, he stared into the bear's blue eyes. He could see sadness and emotions that were locked away.

"Well I'm back now, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon," Bonnie reassured.

Freddy gave a small smile, his fangs slightly showing. Bonnie chuckled at that, he thought they were cute.

He stiffens up a little, his mind shutting off. Freddy incited this.

"You ok Bon?" He asked.

"Y-yes." However internally Bonnie was panicking. Realizing how close he was next to him.

Freddy gave a concerned look, he never saw Bonnie act like this, well not exactly. He remembered he used to be jumpy a little when he would visit him, or even shy at times. But on stage, he was something else, something he could stare at forever. He adored him.

Freddy caught his thoughts, he had forgotten how he really felt about him. His disappearance sent him into mourning, he couldn't bear to think of him without becoming depressed. But that was then. Bonnie was right in front of him, alive, here.

Bonnie managed to calm himself down before letting his panic get out of hand. He hope Freddy didn't notice it too bad. He felt Freddy lean against him slightly, this was not helping his case. Or was he doing it on purpose?

A little chime echoed through the mall suddenly. Signaling that it was almost time to be opened.

"I need to get back to my room before the staff arrives." Freddy stood up, looking back at Bonnie.

"I'll be fine Fred, " he stood up and came close to the bear, "I'll hang out behind the curtains, looks like no one would check there anyway."

Bonnie once again was pulled into a hug.

"If you want I could talk to the technicians, with you back you should be able to be back in the band," Freddy suggested.

"But what about Monty?" Bonnie dreaded that name.

"They'll figure something out."

Bonnie gave it a thought, "Give me a few days to think about it."

He gave a hum in agreeance, slightly surprised that his lead bass player was questioning coming back, he would've normally jumped on the opportunity. But he was hesitant. He brushed it off for now.

They let go and gave one last final goodbye, on the way out Bonnie called out to Freddy.

"Knock 'em dead Superstar!" Then disappeared behind the curtains.