Unexpected Attention

Gregory entered the closed-off section of the mall, heading down to the main floor to the water park. He was about to go down the escalator when the sound of a guitar riff caught his attention. He remembered one of the animatronics here played, like really well, but he forgot who. He followed the sound, eventually coming to stop outside a new area.

'Don's Skating Place' a neon sign read above the entrance, the image of a skateboard and roller skates also with it.

He entered, the music got a lot louder now, he was in the right place. He looked around, the place was dim but was lit up by various neon colors. The floor itself had shapes and colors glowing underneath the black lights. It was like a glow-in-the-dark skating rink.

He walked past the rental counter for the skates, also spotting skateboards as well. The place was fairly huge, he noticed past the main skating rink, noticing a halfpipe in another area. So this was for roller skating and skateboarding, which explained why Don had one. He saw a stage off near the center wall, it was fairly big, might be able to fit two or three other animatronics.

The sound of the guitar stopped, Grgeogry looked around. How was he gonna find the player now? Luckily though, he spotted what seemed to be a green room off to the far left. He made his way over.

As he walked up to it he noticed the neon rabbit sign at the top, a skateboard, and roller skates on either side. Gregory went up the door and knocked. It was opened almost immodestly.

"Oh hey little Rockstar!" Don greeted.

She let him inside.

He looked around, the room was organized neatly, but there wasn't much, to begin with. There was the vanity, a couch, and a shelf. Near the couch were an amp and a guitar. The color scheme was nice though, the walls were a grey-purple, with a black accent wall behind the couch, the floor was like the rest of the skating rink's. The curtains were black, and on the ceiling was a star that gave off a pastel purple color. It remind him of Roxanne's room a little, but hers was much more purple than this.

"What brings you here kiddo?" Don asked, sitting down on her couch.

"Heard you playing." He pointed over the guitar, joining her on the couch.

"Ah, I didn't know I was playing that loud." She chuckled, a little embarrassed.

"It's cool, you sounded awesome," he smiled enthusiastically at her, "what were you playing anyway?"

"Oh um, it's called 'Sharp Dressed Man'." Her ears perked up a little.

"Cool!" Gregory smiled again.

unexpectedly there were voices. Don's ears perked up in alert.

"Who is it?" Gregory asked.

"It's not anyone I recognize, quick, hide in there." She pointed to the room off of hers that served as the charging station area. 

Gregory ducked into the room, he couldn't hear what was going on though. He noticed a vent open to his left, he quickly climbed inside and made his way to the vent that looked into Don's room, now he could see and hear what was going on better.

"I can't believe there's a whole other area to this place." an unknown voice exclaimed, they seemed to be in awe.

Their voice echoed into the vents.

"Yes, construction was halted due to some unexpected budget fluctuations, but now everything can be finished." another voice explained, just by how deep it was, it seemed to be an older male.

"So what are we doing here exactly?" a third voice asked.

'How many were there?' Gregory thought.