jacks mom

I wake up to an arm around me and smile. I take my phone out as quietly and slowly as I can without waking him up or having to get up. I check the time. 4:12.

I do not want to get up. maybe I can just sleep until school tomorrow? it's worth a shot. I set my phone down a little bit in front of me and close my eyes, still exhausted.

when I wake up again, it's dark out and Jack's not laying next to me. I rollover looking for him and see a note on his pillow. I read it.

"my parents are home. I will be back up at about 7:00. I love you. -Jack"

I check the time. 6:52, only a few more minutes. good. I get on my phone and see that my mom has texted me and called me about 100 times. even my dad did once or twice. I read my texts.

"where are you?" "come home please." "we need to talk." "are you with Jack?" etcetera. I decide that I should call my mom back. she answers immediately.

"honey?! where are you?! why weren't you answering?!" she asks frantically.

"I'm at jacks and I was sleeping because those lovely two men in your house physically drained me with all of their bullshit." I say regretting calling her already.

"you were sleeping? together?" she asks nervously.

"we were sleeping. in the same bed. emphasis on sleeping." I say getting annoyed.

"can you just please come home?" my mom asks.

"not until at least one of them is gone. so I'm planning on staying for the rest of the week and hoping that the holidays will be different." I say.

"okay honey, just promise me you'll stay safe and call me every night." she says.

"okay." I reply.

"promise me?" she asks.

"I promise." I say.

"okay. thank you." she says.

"I have to go. I love you. bye." I say.

"okay. bye. I love you Jess." she says and I hang up. I roll over onto my stomach and put my face in the pillow. I sigh.

"am I that bad?" Jack says laughing a little.

"no, but my mom is." I say rolling over a little so I can see him.

"mines probably worse." he says sitting down on his bed.

"yeah? do you not remember this morning?" I say sitting up and laughing.

"but you haven't met my mom yet." he says scooching closer to me.

"there is no way that she's worse than mine!" I say defensively, but also laughing.

"she hits on all of my friends." he says.

"my mom hits on all of Gavin's friends and she hit on you." I say.

"well my mom is either super busy with work, drinking wine, or watch soap operas." he says.

"mine too. I think our moms would be best friends, but she called me freaking out and made me promise to call her every night after begging me to come back. I'm not 12 anymore." I laugh.

"my mom would do the same. and I think that we need to introduce our moms to each other." he says.

"I don't know, I mean, would you really want to? it's literally two of the same person that we were just complaining about meeting. and they would most likely become pretty close friends." I say.