chapter 17

"are you ready?" I yell to Jack from the bathroom, looking in the mirror one last time before we leave.

I decided to wear black skinny jeans with a red flannel and black vans.

"yeah. I'm just tying my shoes." he says. I walk out and burst out laughing.

"one of us are going to have to change." I say, both of us wearing the same thing.

"we don't have to." he says.

"no. I will. when do we have to leave?" I ask him.

"we have about 10 more minutes." he says.

"okay, well you're going to have to help me pick something out." I say.

"okay. sounds good." he replies standing up. I end up dumping all of my clothes on the floor.

"pick something." I say to Jack, gesturing to my clothes.

"what?" Jack asks confused.

"yeah. pick out my outfit." I say laughing a little.

"how about you pick out two and I choose from those?" he suggests.

"okay." I say laughing still.

I end up picking out light wash high waisted skinny jeans with a loose fitting grey tee shirt and my black vans.

the other outfit is a white, flowing crop top with a black and white long tribal cardigan and dark low rise skinny jeans with tall black leather boots.

"you can pick now." I say looking at Jack.

"hmm.." he hesitates, "the black and white one."

"okay." I say giving him a quick kiss. I quickly change, not bothering to go to the bathroom.

"I definitely chose the right outfit." Jack says after I'm done changing.

"well thank you." I say grabbing my phone and turning to Jack.

"you ready?" he asks me.

"as long as you don't decide to change your outfit." I say laughing, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I don't know. I might look good in that outfit." he says trying not to laugh.

"shut up!" I say playfully and gently hit his chest.

"let's go." he says laughing.

"okay." I give him a kiss and grab my school stuff.

the ride to school is quick from his house. I walk into the school with Jack and everyone is staring at us again.

I just roll my eyes.

do people seriously have nothing better to do than stare at us?

we go to our lockers and then to Chemistry. the class drags on.

I get asked about 15 times if I'm okay before school even starts. I'm so glad it's Friday because I can't deal with this shit for much longer than a day, and tomorrow I get to go shopping with Amy.

I have to ask her if Jack can go too. I want him to go, but I sort of just want to have a girls day. maybe Anna could come?

"Jack?" I ask, standing up to go to P.E..

"yeah?" he replies, grabbing his books.

"you know how I'm going shopping with Amy tomorrow and I was going to ask if you could go too?" I ask, a little nervous.

"you don't have to ask if I can go. you just need a day with your friends to get away from all of this drama and everything." Jack says smiling at me.