chapter 36

"done." I say, it took us about six hours to clean his house, which actually isn't that bad.

"now food?" Sam asks.

"yeah. let's go." I say and head to the door.

"wait." I say, stopping and Sam bumps into me. I run upstairs before anyone can reply.

I grab Anna's stuff because she didn't get it last night.

I run back downstairs and head out to my car.

"what's that?" Nate asks.

"Anna's stuff. Sam, this is the girl I was talking about taking you to homecoming." I explain.

"sounds good." he says, smiling.

"so we're going to her house first and I'll see if she wants to come along with us." I say.

"where are we going?" Johnson asks.

"definitely Starbucks, but y'all can choose where else." I say and they start discussing where.

"we can go to more than one place." I say, laughing.

"I want Chinese." Nate says.

"Taco Bell." I hear Sam add.

"and Chick-Fil-A." Johnson says.

"okay. I'm getting Taco Bell too. how about you Jack?" I ask him.

"Chick-Fil-A." he says.

"Anna will probably want Chinese." I add and I turn the radio up.

we talk as we drive to Annas.

"I'll be back." I say, getting out of the car. I walk in, not bothering to knock.

I don't see anyone, so I walk up to Annas room.

"what's up bitch?" I yell, opening her door.

"shut up! I'm talking to my dad!" she whisper-yells back.

"sorry. hi dad." I say. I call her parents mom and dad because they pretty much are.

"hello Jess." he says and I can see that she's facetiming him.

"where are you?" I ask him, confused.

"we're at the store, and Hannah wanted to get Anna some dress or something so I FaceTimed her." he explains.

"oh. um, for homecoming? because I have her homecoming dress right here." I say, holding up the bag.

"yeah. it was. well, I guess you don't need to see it." he says laughing.

"okay. bye dad. love you." Anna says.

"love you too." he replies and hangs up.

"let's go." I say and she doesn't question me, she just unplugs her phone and follows me.

"oh, Jacks friends came up and you're going with one of them to homecoming." I say.

"are they hot?" she asks.

"and famous. did you know they all sing? like even Jack and two of his friends were on the radio yesterday." I tell her.

"really?" she asks, not believing me.

"yeah. look up Sammy and Skate." I tell her and she does as we walk downstairs.

"Sammy has over one million followers on Instagram and Skate has almost half a million." she says, stopping.

"and Jack Johnson." I say and I wait for her to look it up.

"2.5 million." she says, almost dropping her phone.

"wait, look up Jack." I say and she does.

"2.8." she says.

"shit. he has that many fans? I'm going to get so much hate." I say, nervous.

"only because you're too gorgeous." she says and I just laugh.

"as if." I say and we start walking again.

"you just wait." I say, walking out the door.

I get in the drivers seat and Anna climbs in the back with Nate.

"is Chinese good with you?" I ask Anna.

"when isn't it honestly?" she laughs.

"it's disgusting." I say, wrinkling my nose.

"you're crazy." Nate says.

"sure I am. Starbucks first?" I ask, but it's not really a question, it's more of me telling them.

they all agree and we go inside when we get there.

"don't forget to get a smores frappuccino." I say to Sammy.

"I never will again." he says.

"they're seasonal though." I say.

"well, I'll just call and complain because they are heaven in a cup." he says. I just smile at him and go up to Jack.

"how are you feeling?" I ask him, leaning against him.

"I'm exhausted." he tells me.

"wait, when are your parents coming home?" I ask him.

"Tuesday night." he tells me.

"y'all are staying at my house tonight." I tell him, not even giving him an option of saying yes or no.

"sounds good." he says and he leans down and kisses my forehead.

~

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. I HAD WRITERS BLOCK AND I GOT STUCK ON A CHAPTER SO I JUST DIDNT WRITE IT AND I FEEL SHITTY AND IM GOING TO UPDATE LIKE THREE MORE TIMES RN BC THATS HOW FAR AHEAD THAT STUPID CHAPTER IS. AND ITS REALLY SHITTY AND AWFUL. AND IM SO SORRY. DONT LEAVE ME.