him

"so we have first together, right?" I ask Anna.
"yeah. Calculus." she answers.
"I have Chemistry. I thought that we had it together!" I say sadly as I look down. I bump into someone.
"I'm so sorry!" he says as he leans down to pick up my books that I dropped.
"no. it's my fault. I wasn't paying attention." I reply.
"but I could've avoided you." he says.
"let's just agree it was both of yours fault." Anna says.
"sounds good to me." I say.
"okay. I'm Jack by the way." he says handing me my books, smiling at me. his smile is so. ugh.
"I'm Jess." I take my books.
"did I hear you say that you have Chemistry first?" he asks me.
"yeah. do you?" I ask him.
"yeah. I'm new here so I have no idea where I'm going." Jack tells me.
"that explains why I didn't recognize you, but I'll show you to class, and I can help you throughout the day." I tell him.
"thank you so much." he answers. I smile at him and turn to Anna. "so I guess I'll see you in lunch for sure. possibly before. hopefully before."
"okay. bye." I hug her and Jack and I head towards the Chemistry room.
"so where are you from?" I ask him.
"Omaha. Omaha Nebraska." Jack answers.
"oh. that's sort of far away from here. why'd you move to New York?" I ask.
"I'm not even sure. my mom came into my room one day and told me to pack my things because we were moving and I never got an explanation. I mean, it's my senior year, she should've at least have given me a reason." he says.
"yeah. that's dumb. oh. here's the class. do you want to sit next to me? or.." I ask, regretting it as soon as I say it. he's just so attractive I can't resist.
"I'd love to, but I need to talk to Mr. Davis." he says. I feel like a thousand pounds have just been lifted off of my shoulders.
"oh and by the way, it's 'Dr.' Davis." I say mocking him. Jack smiles at me and then goes to talk to him. I text Anna.
Jess: HOLY CRAP. JACK IS SO HOT.
Anna: I know. did you see the way he looked at you?!
Jess: no! how did he?!
Anna: like he saw an angel.
Jess: we're sitting next to each other in Chemistry.
Anna: two periods next to him?!
Jess: yeah, but I have to go. he's coming back.
Anna: okay. good luck!
I lock my phone and slide it in my back pocket. I look up and see Jack standing next to me.
"so where do you want to sit?" I ask him.
"umm.. how about that lab table?" he asks pointing to one.
"yeah. that's actually where I sat last year." I answer.
"well, I guess that great minds think alike." he says winking at me. I can't help but blush. I smile at him and he smiles at me. I get sort of lost in his smile that I don't realize that he's slowly walking towards me.
"let's go sit." he says pulling me back to reality. he puts his hands on my lower back/hip guiding me to our table. I feel like we already look like a couple. that's a step in the right direction. I smile to myself. people start coming in and we're still walking like that. I can't help but smile even more even though I hear the whispers.
"what are they all talking about?" Jack asks me.
"honestly?" I ask.
"honestly." he replies.
"us." I respond.
"well, as long as they're talking about us, let's give them something to actually talk about." he says.
"what?" I ask confused.
"Jess. will you go to homecoming with me?" he asks and everyone stops talking. I smile at him realizing what he's doing.
"yes I will Jack." I respond. he hugs me and picks me up. before he sets me down, he kisses me, not a make out, just a long peck. I blush and giggle the whole time. everyone is staring, but I don't care because that was the plan anyways. we get to our table and sit down. he smiles at me and put his hand on my thigh as Dr. Smith starts lecturing the class about how this school year, we will all behave and just because we're seniors doesn't mean that he has to pass us. I just smile the whole time, still blown away by what happened.