chapter 38

~JACK'S POV~
"damn. I hate to see her go, but I love to watch he leave." I say when she walks through the door.

"heard that!" she yells from the kitchen.

"good." I laugh to myself.

"so, Jess's friend?" I ask Sam.

"she's hot as fück." Johnson answers for him.

"but I'm not really into her." Sam says.

"fine, I'll take her to homecoming." Johnson says.

"you like her?" I ask him.

"yeah. I've been texting her since we left." he tells me.

"oh Johnson's got a crush!" Nate yells.

"how could you not like her. I mean, unless you like someone else." Johnson says and I eye Wilk, afraid of who it could be.

"it's this girl back home, Beth." he says and I relax a little.

"Foster?" Nate asks.

"yeah.." he hesitates.

"she's hot. she also seems more like your type." I tell him.

"yup. she is." Sam replies and smiles.

"so, when are your parents coming back?" Nate asks changing the subject.

"tomorrow night I think?" I reply.

"shit." I hear Johnson say quietly.

"what?" I ask, confused.

"tomorrow's Monday. that means school, well, for you and Jess. so what the hell are we supposed to do all day?" he asks.

"come to school with us." I say laughing.

"seriously bro." he replies, slightly annoyed.

"nah, for real, just transfer up here. why not? I mean, it is senior year." I tell him, wanting him to say yes because I hated leaving them.

"maybe, but what about Beth for Sam?" he asks.

"I'll be fine. I'm sure I can find a girl up here anyway." Sam says, as if he doesn't care.

"but for real, if you guys want to just move up here for senior year, you can because everyone here is actually super nice and it's senior year. plus we can spend it together." I tell them.

"yeah, what about all of our friends down there?" Nate asks.

"yeah. I don't want to just ditch big mike." Sam tells me.

"they have each other down there." I tell them.

"true. I mean, I'm on board. if y'all want to stay down there, you can, but I'm moving up here." Johnson says and I can't help but smile.

"really?" I ask, trying to hide my excitement.

"yeah. I mean, you're my best friend. it was so difficult when you moved. I mean, we're Jack and Jack not Jack," he pauses "and Jack."

"plus we need to make some vines soon." I tell him, knowing that we only have so many vines that we haven't posted yet.

"I'm just staying until homecoming." Nate says.

"are you sure?" I ask him, a little upset.

"yeah. I can't leave big mike and them." he says.

"I completely understand, I mean, homecoming is this weekend. so you won't miss much school." I tell him.

"I think that I'm going to stay, as long as it's okay with Jess because I can't stay with you." Sam says

"yeah. that makes sense, but we have to get you guys dates soon." I tell them.

"well, Johnson's got Anna, so we just need dates for you two." I say gesturing to Sammy and Nate.

"when is the next football game?" Nate asks.

"because I can get a date at school, I'll go register tomorrow, but Nate can't if he's going back home." Sam says.

"Tuesday is our first game." I tell them.

"we'll get Nate a date then." Johnson says and we all just nod.

"I'll be right back." I say as I stand up to go to the kitchen.

"hate to see him go, but love to watch him leave." I hear Johnson say and they all burst out laughing.

"you know it." I say, trying my hardest not to laugh.

I can hear Jess laughing as I get closer to the kitchen door.

"I agree with them." she says, still laughing.

"good." I say walking up to her and giving her a quick kiss.

"I'm watching you two." Nicole says and I put my hands up as if to say I'm innocent.

"so," I say, sitting on the counter.

"what?" she says, still mixing the ingredients.

"Johnson is going to stay up here." I tell her.

"really? oh my gosh. Anna will be so excited." she says.

"so, I take it you know Jack and her are most likely going to become a thing." I say.

"yeah, is anyone else going to stay?" she asks.

"Nate is leaving after homecoming, but Sam wants to stay. so, it's up to you if he can stay." I say and she just looks at her mom.

"I don't know how your dad will feel, but yeah. he can." Nicole says and I smile, glad to have two of my best friends back with me.

"can I tell him?" she asks me.

"of course." I tell her.

"okay. because I want to scare him a little bit or something. like say he's not allowed to even stay until homecoming or something." she says and I just smile because she's so amazing.

"okay. I'll try not to laugh or give it away."

"good." she says and puts the lava cakes in the oven.

"can you take these out in 15 minutes and let me know when they're done?" she asks her mom.

"of course." her mom says and we walk back out to the boys.

"basketball?" she asks.

"of course." I say and everyone else just stands there in shock that she just asked that.

"okay, I'm going to change real quick meet me on the court outback." she says.

"you have a court?" Sam asks, not believing what he's even hearing.

"yeah. my dad had it built for Gav-" she stops and goes upstairs without finishing his name.

"I'll be back." I say and I follow her upstairs.

"are you okay babe?" I ask her when we get to her room.

"yeah. I'm fine. just hate how favoured he is by my dad."

"but your mom favours you." I tell her, trying to reassure her.

"that's true."

"anyway, neither of them are here, so you don't have to worry about it."

"okay." she smiles and kisses me.

"I'm going to go downstairs whilst you get changed." I say and I walk down the stairs to see all of the guys still standing there.

"are we going to play or what?" I ask them as I start heading out back.

we get out there and realise that we don't have a basketball, so we just wait for Jess to come out.

we hear the door open and turn around and I can hear Sam whisper "damn".