home alone

the day goes by, people stare at us and talk about us. we are the talk of the school. the bell rings and Jack and I go to our lockers, which are right near each other.

"so, who will be there tonight?" Jack asks shutting his locker.

"my house? just us. I think. my mom won't be home until later, my dad is gone away on business, and my brother, Gavin is at college." I say.

"oh really?" he says smirking at me.

"no funny business!" I say laughing as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"okay, but that doesn't mean that I'll be able to keep my hands off of you." he says.

"well, you're going to have to learn." I say shutting my locker and turning towards him.

he gently pushes me up against my locker and kisses me. I kiss him back, at first shocked, but then melting into the kiss. he pulls away first considering that I can't really move.

"what was that for?" I ask laughing.

"I didn't want to wait." he says smiling at me. "here, I'll take those." he says taking my books.

"what about yours?" I ask, not seeing his books.

"they're in my bag." he says.

"oh. that actually makes a lot of sense." I say as we start walking.

"yeah. it does." he says as he grabs my hand.

"hey, I have my moments." I say laughing.

"do you have a lot?" he asks joking.

"actually, I do." I laugh.

"well that's okay because you're perfect anyways." he says smiling at me.

"wait, didn't you drive to school?" I ask.

"shit. yeah. I did." he says quietly.

"well, how about we take my car now and leave your car here until practice and you can pick it up before practice. okay?" I say.

"okay. sounds good." he says.

"but Ryan will be there too." I say.

"I know. what car is yours?" he asks.

"the silver focus." I say unlocking my car.

"okay." he says as we reach my car. we both get in and throw our stuff in the back seat.

"ready?" I ask.

"ready." he says. I turn my key and my car hums. the radio comes on. it's Amnesia by 5SOS.

"oh my gosh! I love this song!" I say excited.

"I may know every word to it." Jack says.

"really? prove it." I laugh and he starts singing. he's an absolutely amazing singer. the song goes off and I realize that I haven't moved. I've just been staring at him, listening to him sing for the last 2 minutes. I shake my head.

"oh my gosh. I'm sorry, you distracted me." I laugh, embarrassed.

"it's okay babe. you distract me." he says gently grabbing my chin so I face him and he kisses me. I instantly feel sparks. I'm the first to pull away this time.

"we'll finish that when we get to my house." I say laughing.

I think that I'm already falling in love with this boy that I barely even know. we both sing along to the radio until we get to my house. I open the gates and roll my eyes.