Chapter ninety-one.

Redd crossed his hands and leaned against them. His ears pricked up when he heard his mother rise her voice, "What on earth you have been spewing on him?"

He got up, and went to the living room. He looked over to his brother, as he was sinking in the couch. "I haven't done shit." Jason hissed in protest.

"Jason Eugene, you better fix your attitude." Opal told in strict tone. "And I can't even believe you have been drinking again." she hissed.

"Oh, wait, I can." she scoffed as she placed her hands to her hips. "You better start talking now, and it better not to be lies." she said, staring down at him.

Jason sat straight up. "What the hell I should say?" he asked as he twitched his tail. "Mom, Reddrick is an adult, so ask from him what ya want." he hissed.

"And 'bout my drinkin', I'm forty-two." he added as he got up from the couch. He stretched his arms. "I'm gonna have a smoke, wanna come with me?" he asked as he looked over to his brother, who had been quietly watching.

The redhead flicked his ears. He scratched back of his head. "Uh... My pack is empty, so can't." he told with soft chuckle. "But, I wanna ask somethin'." he said.

"If it's 'bout mom's cancer, ask her, she's right next to ya." Jason told taking pack of cigarettes from his pocket. He left the living room.

Soon Opal and Redd heard the front door to open and close. Both of them were quite. Redd rubbed back of his neck. "So, it is true, huh?" he asked.

Opal let out soft sigh as she sat down on the couch. She patted space next to her, to gesture him to sit next to her. He sat down. "Is that why you've been meeting up with Jason?" she asked softly.

Redd twitched his ears slightly. He crossed his legs, leaning against his hands. "Kinda? I have been givin' money to him and Richard for a while now." he told.

"They told me somethin' like they didn't have enough money to pay your bills." he said. "And, they started to threaten me, my partner and everyone I know, if I didn't help 'em." he murmured, as he rubbed back of his head.

"Ohmy." the vixen gasped covering her mouth, she had horrified look on her eyes. "I'm really sorry sweetie, I had no idea." she said, as she moved her hands from her mouth.

"And like I said, I haven't seen Richard since we got divorce." she added. She went quiet, as she was thinking. "I though Jason might be doing something illegal as he was getting money so fast." she said after a while.

The kitsune nodded slightly. "So he has been givin' money to you, eh?" he asked. He got nod from her. "Yes, that is true." she said. He tapped his chin slightly.

His ears pricked up when the door opened, and his brother came in. He looked up to him. "Hey Jay, why you needed that money? And why Richard was there too?" he asked.

Jason twitched his ears. "It's nothin'." he told, as he sat down to armchair. "Dad just wanted some money, and I needed to help mom." he shrugged.

"Excuse me, what?" Redd asked as he got up. He was about to take step forward, but his mother stopped him. "Reddrick, don't do anything stupid." she told softly.

He huffed softly as he twitched his tail slightly. He flinched slightly when his phone buzzed. "Excuse me..." he muttered as he took his phone from his pocket.

His tail started to wag side to side, as he noticed it was Tom who had messaged to him. He quickly answered to the message. After he was done messaging back and fort with the tanuki, he slipped his phone to his pocket.

Redd looked up to his mother and brother. He tilted his head slightly as Jason snorted softly. "What?" he asked in confusion. "Your face, it has pink-ish tint to it." he smirked.

He twitched his tail. He muttered something as he adjusted his collar. "Aw, little Reddrick really is in love, how cute is that." Jason snickered. "Don't change the topic." he hissed.

The older one snorted. "I only pointed it out." he told as he leaned against his hand. "But it's true, it is cute how in love you're~" he said with smirk.

Redd huffed, as he sat back down on the couch. He crossed his arms against his chest. "Mm... You still owe me that explanation..." he murmured.

Opal sat next to her youngest. "I would like to hear it too." she told as she crossed her hands, placing them on her lap.