Chapter 42

Hanna's POV

No, he couldn't be dead. "I-I'm sorry" said the doctor. "We did everything that was in our hands to save him, but.. what we did.. wasn't enough. Again, I'm so sorry" explained him. At that moment, Maddie rushed and got in.

I ran to her arms and started uncontrollably crying. "W-What happened?" she asked. But I couldn't answer, I was sobbing. "R-Riker" Ross was shocked. "Did he.." Maddie started to cry too. "But, why" she hugged me tightly.

Ross came to us and hugged both. I couldn't believe it. I pushed Maddie and ran away, to the mountains, somewhere I could be alone. I climbed the highest mountain I could find and laid on the ground.

"At least you're there" I looked up to the sky. "Great thing you're here" someone said from between the woods. "Who's there?!" I asked a little scared. "Oh you know, just your boyfriend" he said.

"It can't be, Riker is dead" I tried to not cry again. "Who said it was Riker?" he walked to me, where I could perfectly see who he was. Justin, again. "B-But, weren't you dead?!" I asked astonished. He said nothing, but grabbed me and made me go closer to him. "I have to tell you something" and he smirked.

Maddie's POV

I couldn't find Hanna. She shouldn't had left like that, I thought she was my best friend. But then I realized what had happened, and understood that Hanna needed to be alone for a while, until she calmed down.

Ross was waiting for me in the car, and I got in. It was so awkward, because he was sad, but still angry. "I.." I started. "Shut up" he cut me off. I put on my sunglasses to hide I was crying. I could've said it was because of.. well.. Riker. It felt like I had to cry for everything.

If I was like this, I couldn't imagine how desperate Hanna could be. "Ross.." I tried to call him again. "Haven't you heard me? Shut up!" he shouted while driving to his parents' house to tell them the bad news.

"Please Ross!" I cried. He stopped the car. "Ryland already told me that you didn't kiss him" he explained. "And why are you still angry?" I asked. "Because I don't believe him, neither you" that broke my heart.

I quietly unbelted myself and got out of the car, and started heading to my parents' house, that was miles away. "Maddie" I heard him say. But didn't turn round. "Maddie stop, you can't get there from here" he almost shouted.

I faced him and yelled "I won't go in a car with a person that doesn't trust me!" I started walking again, my eyes were starting to tear up again, I don't know what I was doing. Ross got out of the car. I started running. He did too. I ran as fast as I could, but he was faster than me.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him, I couldn't resist it anymore and I hugged him crying. "Madison" he whispered. "Why do you hate me" I grabbed his shirt and pulled him even closer, to make sure he didn't let go of me yet.

"I.. I don't hate you.. I just find it hard to believe" he explained. "Do you really think I'd make out with Ryland?" I stared into his eyes. He widened his eyes, he was probably putting two and two together.

"No, I don't think so" he smiled. He leaned in and softly kissed me. It was a long kiss, you know, I love reconciliations. I pulled away and said that we had to go and spread the bad news. And also we had to find Hanna, she hadn't come back yet.

(Sorry for mistakes)