Chapter 44

Hanna's POV

"Riker?" I got desperate when my only response was silence. I rushed out of the room, feeling a mix of rage and despair. "He's not in here" I broke the silence between Maddie and Ross.

"That's not possible" clarified Ross "The lady told us he was in room 555" he newly checked every digit of the room number. "Let me check it out" I interrupted him "He's not here, Ross, accept it"

"What are we going to do now?" Maddie spoke with a reedy voice. "Maddie, you're so irritating! You always have other people to help you instead of coming up with your own ideas!" Ross fiercely barked.

"So, you're declaring your point of view is that I am acting as an innocent girl that can do nothing by herself, is that true?" Ross remained silent, he didn't want to admit that he approved what Maddie had just asserted.

"You know what? I'm leaving" Maddie was probably sick and tired of Ross untrusting her, if I were her I'd probably need a break too. She absconded the hospital, I could hear her groans while she was running away, but I just had a great perception of sounds.

"Well done," I growled "You made her cry once again" Ross furrowed his eyebrows. "It's not my fault, I said nothing, she got mad by herself"

"Your provoke her," I whispered, not loud enough for him to hear me "Go apologize"

"What? Why?" I put my index finger on my lips as I noticed there were people walking towards us. "Just go, find her, and come back to the mountain house, I'll wait you there"

I drove to the mountain house, and, by my surprise, one of the windows was broken. I quietly opened the door in case there was someone waiting for me inside, and by someone, I mean Justin.

There was nobody there, there was a brick next to the window, surrounded by broken glass. That had been the cause why our window glass was fragmented in a lot of pieces.

I looked closer and realized there was a little note tied up with a thin rope. "I wasn't done talking," I instantly knew it was from Justin. "If you want your precious "boyfriend", then you'll have to come to me and get it"

Unbelievable.

I was still confused on what that was supposed to mean. Had he just told me that Riker's was with him? I seriously didn't know, but I would definitely find out everything.

Riker's POV

My chest still hurt from the bullet impact on it, I had bandages around it, but the handcuffs didn't help me feel better. I had woken up a few hours ago, to find myself in the worst place I'd rather find myself in, Justin's house.

He had taken advantage of my weakness after the surgery, where they saved the life he almost quitted. I heard the door opening and the light that came from outside kind of blinded me. The room was dark, it probably was the one he had had Hanna in.

I felt totally worthless, helpless, Hanna was surely worried, maybe she even believe that sh*t about me being dead. Justin entering made me come back to reality, with a whip in his hands.

"You don't know how hurt I was when Hanna left me, you're going to feel the same pain, physically" he yelled as he started whipping my back. I winced in pain, I hadn't done anything wrong to deserve this.

After exactly twenty-three whips - I counted them- he stopped. "Riker Lynch," he grinned "pathetic" he left me alone again, I'm sure it felt good for him to see me suffering. I was in a really tough situation.

Actually, that was all a mess, I was guilty of nothing and still got hurt, it made no sense and it was totally unfair.

(Sorry for mistakes)