Chapter 1

Maddie's POV

Madison was the name my parents gave me when I was born, but I didn't really like it. People used to call me Maddie as a nickname, but it's more an abbreviation thing.

The last week I'd turned 18, I felt like an adult, even though I wouldn't be an adult until I was 21. Hanna and Brooke, my best friends, had had a sleep over here last night but they'd already left, leaving my room messy. I moved to California the past year, so I already considered myself as an authentic Cali girl.

I was on my pajamas when I heard my phone vibrating on my desk, at the other side of my room. I rushed to pick it as I saw who was calling, Hanna.

"Good morning, Maddie" she said through the phone. "What do u want? It's 11am and it's Saturday, I'm tired and I have a lot of things to do" I explained.

"I actually called you to ask you if you were willing to go to the mall with me but.. I see you're busy.." she giggled.

"I'll be there in 20" I sighed heavily, just to make it dramatically. Hanna laughed. "See you later" and she hung up.

I was so focused on trying to explain to my mom that I would do everything I had to do when I came back, that I didn't even think about dressing up. I got a pink floral skirt with a white shirt and a cute pair of brown boots.

My parents gave me my own car as a birthday present, I already had my license so I drove to the mall. Hanna hadn't arrived yet, maybe she was just a little late. I wanted to make sure she hadn't forgotten about me so I called her.

"Hanna? Were are you?" I asked, not even letting her say hello back. "Uhm," she sounded worried. "I can't come right now, I'm so sorry. There was a problem with my family and.. well, don't worry, I'll be there in two or three hours time" she apologized, I was the one to hung up this time.

I sat on a bench and started scrolling down my instagram feed. I thought I would take a cool selfie, with my sunglasses and everything so sassy, and then post it. My account wasn't that popular, just some of my friends and family followed me, but I decided to do it anyways.

When I was about to take the selfie, a guy sat next to me and I didn't have time to crop him out. I heard the camera sound, announcing that the picture was taken. I looked closer at it, realizing the boy who had just sat next to me wasn't that bad. Actually, he was probably one of the hottest boys I had ever seen.

(Sorry for mistakes)

A/N: This was my first fanfiction here in Wattpad and it's full of mistakes. I can assure that my writing skills improve throughout the story. Enjoy your reading!