Chapter 11

Ross' POV

"I'm okay," said Emily picking up the phone again. "How's my daughter? Is she ok?" she asked worried, her voice was shaking a little. "I don't know if me and Richard should go on vacation to Spain.." she coughed.

"Don't worry, Maddie is okay" I explained trying to calm her, she sighed relieved. "I can take care of her during your holidays" I offered. "Are you sure? We're spending 4 months there" she added.

"That's a lot of time" I scratched my head. "But, don't worry, me and my brother will take care of her. There's also her best friend, Hanna" I wasn't afraid of Emily, I was afraid of what Maddie's father would say.

"Thank you so much," she exclaimed. "I'm going to tell Richard that she's at her grandma, although she's on vacation too, but don't tell him. Thank you, Ross, I'm happy my little princess has found a boy like you" she indirectly complimented me. "And now, I'm going to pack the luggage. Bye!" she hung up.

Riker hadn't called me yet, he sure hadn't any news, but I was starting to worry. I hurried to the hospital to check if he had forgotten to call me.

When I got there, I saw that stupid doctor again, and went to ask him where Maddie was. "I'm sorry," he began. "the person who you're asking for isn't here anymore"

"What? Where is she?" I desperately asked. "She's broken her ankle. We gave her crutches and sent her home" he explained.

"I'm going to find her" I said, and was about to walk away when the doctor mumbled "These people.." meaning it as an insult towards me.

I decided to ignore it and ran to the car, that was parked in one of the upper streets. When I arrived at our house, Riker was at the door with his phone in his hands. He saw me and kept it in his pocket. I got out of the car and walked towards him.

"Where have you been bro'?" He patted my shoulder. "I left to the mountain, then came back when I started to worry 'cause you hadn't called me" he looked at me with a confused face.

"I've called you several times but you didn't answer! When Maddie fell she hit a tree with her leg ankle and it's broken now. The doctor said it could take a week until she can do anything again" Riker explained.

"At least she's ok. Did you know that she's staying with us for 4 months?" I added. "4 months?!" Riker exclaimed. "Her parents are going on vacation and they couldn't leave her anywhere, so she's staying with her boyfriend"

"Does mom even know?" Riker asked, making me realize I hadn't said anything to Stormie, our mother.

(Sorry for mistakes)