Chapter 7

Maddie's POV

What a good time for my father to call. I doubted a little before picking up the phone. "Where are you, Madison?!" He yelled so loud I had to put the phone away from my ear.

"I don't like this name" I replied. "It's your name and I'll call your name if it's needed, now I want an explanation" he stated. "Oh, yeah, uhm" I was trying to make up something that sounded believable.

"I'm at Hanna's" I finally let out. "Hanna? And you didn't want to tell me you were going to be with your best friend? Is it that bad?" My father asked, I could hear the confusion in his voice.

Hanna took the phone out of my house. "It's ok Mr. Maddie's father, I told her not to tell anyone she was coming, I was afraid if anyone asked her why she was coming, she'd had to say an embarrassing thing of me.." she lied.

"Oh, don't worry Hanna, and sorry for being that angry" my father aplogized. "Have a good time, bye" he hung up. "You're a genious" I loudly added and jumped to hug Hanna. We both laughed and got ready to go downstairs.

When we walked into the backyard, where the pool was, the boys were playing volleyball. They heard us and turned around, their jaw dropped. "Woah" Ross let out when I walked closer to him.

I giggled and took the ball out of his hands. "I'm a professional player" I said as I smashed the ball. Ross and I were playing while Hanna and Riker went to sit by the pool. Ross smashed so hard that the ball fell into the water.

I extended my arm to try and catch it without falling in. I felt someone push me from behind and the next second I was in the water. I took my head out to catch some air and found Ross laughing.

"How's the water?" He said still laughing "is it cold?" I was kind of mad at him but he made me laugh too. "Help me get out" I demanded. He offered me his hand and I went to take it, but instead of letting him help me, I pulled him and we both fell into the cold water.

(Sorry for mistakes)