a starbucks cup - nr.

this is inspired by a tiktok, aaandd a tumblr post i saw :)

~

Natasha Romanoff loves coffee. She always had to have at least one cup of coffee a day. Now, she has oddly specific coffee preferences; one that matches her mood, or another that just hits the right spot on her pleasure centers.

Her drink depends on the time of day she visits her favorite Starbucks that was just a few blocks away from the Avengers tower.

In the morning, most of the time as early as 6, she would order a Venti Blonde Roast with four shots of espresso, with no room for cream or sugar. During this time of day, she was grumpy and quiet. Scary almost.

In the afternoon, at 3 or sometimes late at night, the Spy's drink was a total contrast from her 'morning coffee.' Natasha didn't need the caffeine during these hours, so she indulges the taste of coffee. She orders a Venti Vanilla Latte, either with Soy milk or just regular milk. Again, that depended on her mood.

The baristas at her regular Starbucks knew her variety of orders. Although one of the baristas observed her so well that she instantaneously knew what order she had in mind as soon as she came through the doors. Call it creepy but, it had gotten to the point that they started making Natasha's drink whenever they spotted her at the entrance of the store.

~

It was 7 in the morning and as usual, Natasha goes to her regular Starbucks. She was greeted by the baristas but gave no attention to any of them, as it is, a bad time of the day. As she reached the counter, one of her befriended baristas waved at her.

"Hey Natasha, Blonde Roast today?"

Natasha, just not in the mood at all at this time, gave a nod. The barista gave the receipt and she headed to one of the couches to wait for her needed caffeine intake.

"A Venti Blonde Roast for Natasha!" Another barista bellowed.

She sullenly walked to the bar and got her coffee. Natasha sat back on the couch just for the sake of the smell of coffee. She didn't know why but being in cafés always calm her; the aroma of the coffee beans lingering in the atmosphere, people doing their own things, and overall just the ambiance of a normal coffee shop in New York City.

She looked outside the window, quite a few people outside for a city like New York. In this ungodly hour, the streets are usually busy. Bustling crowds walking around and about, getting to their work on time.

Natasha emitted a soft sigh as she looked at her cup of coffee. She hadn't noticed the fairly big writing on her cup that says 'SECRET MESSAGE' with an arrow pointing to the bottom rim of the cup.

She read what the "hidden message" is about and she saw that the usual 'Careful, the drink you're about to enjoy is extremely hot,' was now displaying a different message as some of the words are crossed out.

Careful, you're extremely hot.

Natasha pouted her lips, trying not to laugh at the cheesy thing the barista at the counter did to her cup. However, there was a faint blush of red on her cheeks that is surely evident when you focus enough.

She looked up to the counter and saw the barista that took her order already looking. A small smirk on her lips. Natasha playfully shook her head as she got up and came to the bar, the barista following suit, not breaking eye contact with each other.

"So I've seen you did some alterations with my cup."

"Well, it looked better that way," she raised an eyebrow at the girl. "And what it says really describes the one holding it."

Natasha licked her lips and chuckled at your words. "You're very cheesy you know."

"I know," the barista leaned in, placing her chin on the palm of her hand, using it as support to hold her head up. "Would it still be cheesy if I ask you out for lunch sometime?"

Natasha mirrored the girl's pose, "and what would you do if I say yes?"

"Hmm, throwing you off a building might be nice. What do you think?" The girl humored, earning a laugh from Natasha.

She looked at the girl's eyes; beautiful light green ones with a hint of blue, then to her name tag, 'Y/N.' Cute.

"Well, Y/N. As much as I want to be thrown off a building, I experienced that too many times to count."

"Okay then. The restaurant downtown, tomorrow, sounds good?" You asked.

"Oh my God, I love that restaurant!" Natasha exclaimed, eyes widened at the excitement.

"You and I have similar tastes then!" you smiled then got a piece of paper in your pocket, wrote your number, and gave it to her. "See you tomorrow, Red."

"I'll see you then, pretty eyes."