one more minute - nr.

It's another normal Tuesday. Well for most, it's just a normal Tuesday, but since the piece that completed your puzzle of a life is missing, it isn't just a normal Tuesday.

You continued to drive along the rocky road, your eyes roamed around as you observed your surroundings—a place you've visited one too many times.

Once you come into a stop, you take a deep breath, trying to compose yourself albeit you can't count how many times you've actually done this. You open the door and step out, the rocks clanging with every step that you take towards your true destination.

You arrive at a clearing of tombstones, numerous little flowers surround it, some have small gifts that the family leaves. But there's this one specific tombstone that stands out to you, and somehow you always dread to see for a second. You step forward,

Natasha Romanoff

Daughter • Sister • Wife • Avenger

You look down at your wife's name etched on the tombstone. Most of the time you don't want to believe it, if what happened and what's happening is true. You miss her, truly, and every single day is a battle to even get up from bed.

You bend down to fix the array of teddy bears, flowers, pictures, and other memorabilia of Natasha. Sitting down to properly look at your wife's tombstone, you think about how where you'd be today if Natasha wasn't here. Both of you would most likely be in your room, cuddling and watching your favorite movies.

Shifting to a new position, you start talking. You tell Natasha about your day, how it's going in the compound. About Sam and Bucky's pranks on everyone which got them locked in a cell for a day. As you talk and talk, you grew tired. You're now just laying there, looking up at the sky.

The silence is calming but it also gives you faint ringing in your ears. You're lost in your thoughts as you just stare into the blue sky and fluffy clouds. The lingering truth that you deny is you'll never be completely home again, because a part of your heart and your being will always be elsewhere. And that's wherever Natasha is.

Natasha was always known to be the selfless type. So selfless that she died to save the world that didn't even love her, so selfless that she died to save HER world. Her family. The thought of Natasha being able to find peace in facing death because death was the only thing she can control as a widow will always hurt you.

Another hour or so has passed, and you sit up again.

"I miss you," you look down. "I miss you so much, Nat."

You paused, not knowing what to say. With the number of times you've done this, it's still so hard to be able to talk freely.

"I cannot—my mind can't move. I'm always bumping into some piece of you. When I sleep, I reach for you in the night, hoping you're there. But you're not there, I just need you there, please. It's so hard that I have to remember you for longer than I've known you."

"I went for a walk on the park yesterday, and everything I did, I thought, you should've been there. I'm so tired, Nat. I just want to go home, I just want—I'm wanting so much. I want you, but I can't have you, not anymore."

"I miss everything about you. Your simple gestures, the little jokes you tell," you chuckled, remembering her corny jokes. "It's actually quite a big deal to me. They mean so much to me and I will forever long for them."

You sighed, having no words to say now. But you had no energy to even get up. All you wanted to do was to stay here, where home is.

Seconds, to minutes, to hours. Eventually, darkness slowly permeates the sky—the day turning into night. You dreaded seeing this place, but you also dread leaving it. Because the moment you stand up, it means you're leaving the love of your life again, and she's all alone, just like you.

Stroking the lettering on her tombstone, you take a deep breath.

"Just one more minute.."

That minute never ends though, it just turns into countless minutes that turn into another hour until it's moonlight, and the moon is shining all around just as the sun does.

You knew you had to leave soon, but one more minute wouldn't hurt, right?

— <3 —

hello friends! i'm so sorry for being so inactive 😭 i have no idea what to write about and i am so busy with school. thankfully a prompt came into mind, so here it is! pls feel free to leave requests and ideas bc my mind is empty fr. thank u for reading! xx