getaway car - nr.

I was walking through the streets of Downton New York.

My coat was hanging on my shoulders as my hands are inside the pockets, keeping it warm. As I stroll around, I see a very familiar place.

X marks the spot.

Right in front of me, the place we fell apart.

Suddenly memories flooded through my mind.

The 3 months we spent was the best of times. We were very much in love, not until I did the worst of crimes.

I don't know what was going through my mind, but I didn't mean it. You didn't see it. You were blinded by rage—well of course, who wouldn't?

I just needed a reason to leave—an out.

You would always ask, "where were you?" and I'd tell you an awful excuse that for someone who is a spy and a former ex-assassin would be too gullible to believe.

I was lying to myself.

The day we flew, it was the great escape. It felt like I was finally free, but my mind was clouded with the Old Fashion that cursed me and you.

That moment you almost caught us, I was screaming, "go, go, go!!"

It was like a circus, a sideshow with the three of us.

The pain and guilt I felt as I sat there like nothing happened. String of apologies coming out my mind but never my mouth.

Natasha, you and I we're such a pair, jet-set like Bonnie and Clyde. I just didn't think I'd switch to the other side and turn you in.

Traitors never win.

As you came home, you saw everything. And again, I flew, without you.

I left you there, took all of what had significance to me. And the last place you ever saw me always ended up as the place where you first met me.

- <3 -

okay short one lolzies i'll try to update as often as i can bffs. hope everyone is okay!!