S5 Part 11 - He's Mine!

You were pulled against Heller's chest - yes, still exposed from his open jacket. His grip on your hand was tight, like he was feeling possessive - or was he upset?

The furrowed brow and thin line replacing his usual smile gave you the chills. Very rarely did he get disgruntled and even if he was, he would grin through it.

"What're you doing here?" Hawks asked, looking too tired and annoyed to even deal.

"You seem to forget your place," Heller said, "As her boyfriend, that you somehow have the privilege of publicly announcing, it's your job to make her look good."

... huh?

"I'm fine," you said, "Very alive, see?"

"Of course you're alive," he scoffed, "But look at your hair! And your new outfit is already busted."

"... you're upset for cosmetic reasons?" You deadpanned.

"It's more than that! You're the queen now, and people need to know and fear you. If you get your ass kicked it's up to your little soldiers to make it look otherwise," he leered back at Hawks, "You look like shit too."

"That Nomu was tough!" You pounded your fist into his solid chest, "We're not putting on a show here! We were saving lives!"

And our own asses...

Heller didn't budge. Could he just admit he was worried about you without being a jackass?

Oh yeah, because he had the emotional intelligence of a ten-year-old...

"And you," he snapped, bringing his face down to yours, "What do you think you're doing taking on something that strong without properly fueling first? If bird-brains isn't going to put out, you're staying with me."

"I know you are not bossing my vagina around right now," you glowered, feeling horrible that Hawks was getting emasculated right here in the open.

"If you were starving and refusing food, what kind of servant would I be to not make you eat?"

"Do you realize how messed up you sound?!"

Even while beaten, Hawks' lips curled slightly, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were concerned for my girlfriend. That's really sweet of you."

Heller stiffened. His eyes went blank and his wings twitched in irritation. You rolled your eyes, not ready to deal with this after the beat down you all just had. But apparently, someone else wasn't quite ready to give up the fight.

Mirko cast a shadow over all of you by jumping over your heads, "What's this, Hawks? Looks like a villain to me!" She had a terrifying smile similar to Bakugo's, and probably a killer instinct too!

She was focusing her next move on Heller. It wasn't his fault really, but he did look quite villainous.

You pushed off him and fanned out your arms and wings, shielding him from her view, "Wait, wait, WAIT! He's mine!"

Mirko scrunched her face together in surprise and then disgust. She landed roughly in front of you, looking deflated from being unable to kick anyone.

"Yours?" Both Hawks and Heller asked.

"I meant..." you scrambled to make this less embarrassing, "He's with me..."

"Huh. You don't look familiar to me. You're not a hero are ya?" Mirko asked.

"And you're a bunny?" Heller asked, not really phased by her questioning. He liked his fangs while his eyes ran over her ears, "Interesting."