S5 Part 10 - Lightbulb

Well, shit.

Shoto immediately began attacking Dabi again, trying to trap him in ice or burn his already tarnished skin. The blue flames that worked against him were notably superior and melted the frozen traps.

Knowing Dabi, he wasn't going to stick around. You were surprised he was humoring Shoto at all.

"Shoto, I got him. Help your dad!" You said, not minding the idea of giving Dabi some broken ribs right about now.

"No," Shoto's right side had a thin layer of frost sticking to his skin, "He's not getting away again!"

The fury you recognized from Endeavor burned brightly in Shoto's eyes. It was then that you were reminded of camp, when you and Bakugo were kidnapped. And Shoto had to watch.

Shoto wasn't going to let Dabi out of his sight.

Well, shit. Again.

This could be it for Dabi.

While the sadistic, but still attractive, bastard lit up the skyscraper with blue heat, you seriously wondered if that would be such a bad thing. What did you ultimately expect for the villains in the end?

Or were you just hoping to never find the ending.

"I'm surprised your old man hasn't trained you better... little Shoto," Dabi danced in his hellfire, "I would expect such a prestigious student and a Todoroki to know something as simple as fire melting ice."

Shoto just got angrier and unloaded a combination attack. Even you shielded yourself with your wings as scalding mist sprayed everywhere.

When the deadly sauna cleared, Dabi was nowhere to be seen. Shoto stood by a ledge, his shoulders bobbing up and down. You imagined steam shooting out of his nose from the anger cooking inside of him.

The Nomu fight had already made him look haggard, but Dabi pushed him over. When he turned back to look at you, you only saw his one turquoise eye at first. For some reason, it made your heart stop and the world turn upside-down.

Hold up..?

"He's gone," Shoto snapped, "We should look for him. He's not just here the same time as the Nomu by coincidence. (Y/N)?"

You stared blankly at him while he quickly approached. He grabbed you by your your biceps and the face you made must have startled him too. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He asked.

"Huh? N-No..." you still couldn't quite get the imagine out of your mind. Plenty of people had fire quirks. Plenty of people had blue eyes. Plenty of people talked all deep and raspy like that.

Plenty of people...

Shoto squinted, "You don't have to worry. He's not going to lay a finger on you."

It was your turn to squint, "Oh... Shoto, we talked about this. It wasn't your fault. Let's focus on anyone needing our help right now, including your dad."

After what you both witnessed earlier trying to fight that ultra Nomu, he couldn't argue, "Just be on your guard. Dabi showed up where you were for a reason," he said.

Probably not the reason you're thinking... You groaned internally. Then, you were both reminded of the catastrophe around you.

The citizens below had multiplied; either being rescued and evacuated from nearby buildings, or they were there to capture video of Endeavor and Hawks fighting the Nomu.