S5 Part 25 - Honeymooners

"MY BABBBBYYYYY!!!! How's the island!"

You held your phone out in front of you, watching Monarch and Midnight fighting for dominance over your screen. Since they both had long, dark hair it was almost like watching The Ring.

"Your black mop is in my face, woman," Monarch hissed.

"Then kindly get out of my way?" Midnight's suggestion was laced with venom.

"Nice seeing you two getting along..." you said with a sweat drop, "We actually just got in, but Hawks wants to fly over the island so I gotta change..."

"But your dress was so cute!" Midnight's gorgeous face melted into a frown.

"I know but I don't really want to flash the islanders with my underwear."

Monarch nudged Midnight aside and his dark eyes shifted around your head like he was trying to look past you. "How's the room?"

"The room? It's nice......... Monarch we talked about this. Dads don't ask questions like that!"

He yelped. "I'm sorry, precious! I just wanted to make sure he picked something comfortable for... for you!"

"Yeah, sure," you deadpanned. The room was actually quite lovely. Hawks picked a nice hotel on a hill with plenty of space. The furniture and decorations were minimal but clean and cozy. There was also a balcony with a view of the ocean. You had a feeling it wasn't just the aesthetics for Hawks.

The only weird part, that didn't really surprise you, was that it was the honeymoon suite...

He didn't even bat an eye when rose petals made a heart on your comforter. Instead, he made quick work of organizing the luggage - his feathers doing the actual work - so that you two had nothing in the way of fun times.

"Heyyyyy, dad!" Hawks appeared over your shoulder and waved to your family.

"I love seeing you guys together..." Monarch sniffled. Midnight swooned as well but she wasn't as easily swayed by Hawks' charms.

"You take care of my baby, okay?" She asked, "And I want lots of pictures!"

"Yes, we need something to show your future kids!" Monarch added.

You gaped. "Wha- kids?!"

Hawks chuckled. "I couldn't agree more! Catch ya later, guys!"

His thumb slid over the call button and the screen went black. You felt heat rising in your cheeks and turned your head to scold him. Hawks was still too close and his smug grin made you blush even more.

"Sorry," he said, "I just couldn't wait to have you all to myself."

You two were actually, indeed, very much alone.

You had been before obviously, but this felt different. The pressures and responsibilities of the world weren't just outside the door like at his agency.

His gaze became lazy, giving you some serious bedroom eyes. Coming from someone as beautiful as Hawks, that was like a spear through the heart.

Were you even prepared for this?!

"Need help getting out of your clothes?" He purred.

"Huh?" You were still in a daze. "Uh - no! I got it."

"You sure? I'd be faster."

"Just wait!"

You ran to your bag, knowing you had to be fast. You didn't trust him or his feathers. Not that you would hate it if Hawks stripped you...