S5 Part 23 - Peace?

1 week later ...

"I think we made good progress today, (Y/N). Will I be seeing you again next week?"

You nodded and said farewell to your therapist. She was a nice lady. And had yummy candies.

Sometimes, the idea of therapy seemed comical to you. The shit you've been through in the last year, could that really be cured away with words?

Whatever. It was nice talking to an entirely new, unbiased person anyway.

No one else knew about your visits. Sure, Aizawa required them before, but this time, you sought help on your own. You weren't entirely sure why, now. You had accepted the darker part of yourself, and even unleashed for good intentions.

You just wanted to feel in control. Even in those amazing moments of great power, feeling like the demon queen everyone knew you were - those were the moments you felt least connected to yourself. If a therapist could fix that, was yet to be seen.

After you session, you flew away, hiding on top of a tall building to indulge in your lollipop. It's sweet stickiness brought you back to simpler times of being a child, which was probably the best therapy honestly.

Hawks would be wondering where you were. He kept himself busy though, so you could get away with a couple hours of him not texting you to inquire. You still worked for him after all.

Your victory against the sex trafficking group was big news. As a popular pro-hero, Hawks did his best control the media with his influence, making sure you and your friends weren't bombarded but still received much of the credit. A succubus saving the women of the red light district had a grabby header.

It was incredible. Seeing the good that you all did, saving future women from such evil people, was nothing to downplay. You weren't sure what it was that lingered with you - a numbness? Neither happy or sad.

Peace.

You let out a long sigh. The sucker saturated in your mouth with green apple while you kicked your legs over the side of the building. Funny, even heights didn't both you as much. Too much flying around lately.

The sun was warm even though the air was frigid. Birds sang and flew by. You hadn't had a new, pressing mission in days.

This was nice.

And then, you felt the building vibrate.

"(Y/N)..?"

You heard a faint male voice calling out to you. The tone was too high to be Hawks' or Heller's, but who else would be out here flying about?

"(Y/N)!"

"Huh?" You looked between your legs.

A blur of green ran up the side of the building - coming fast too. Your eyes widened as you fell back in surprise.

"Ah!" You hit your back and gazed at the clouds.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" A shadow blocked the sun from your eyes. Someone was breathing heavily and reaching out to help you. "I thought it was you and had to see you!"

"... Deku?"

His freckled face turned red, just now realizing how forward he was being. "Haha! Ha... y-yeah! It's me. Sorry, let me help you."

You chuckled while he pulled you to your feet with one tug. He caught you with his chest, both of you forgetting how strong he was. Izuku's already red face began to glow, but he shook his head and his embarrassment.

"S-So! How are you?" he asked. "Uraraka and the others haven't stopped talking about your last mission with Hawks! We're all really proud of you guys!"