S5 Part 12 - My Goodies

Small Time Skip:

Hawks entered the foreboding, empty warehouse. The original spot for the Nomu attack.

Dabi was already there waiting. The smug look he sported was making Hawks' fingers tense, ready to smack it off.

"Thought you only had small feathers left?" Dabi asked.

Skeptical as always, Hawks thought while holding onto his one long feather sword that survived the Nomu fight. "I wasn't going to show up with nothing. Not after what you pulled."

"Oh?"

"We agreed the attack was going to be by the coast," Hawks glared.

"So, I changed a few things," Dabi shrugged, "Big deal. You and (Y/N) are the ones being sketchy here. Not a single death?"

"We have to save face. You're the one who's pushing it," Hawks balled his hand into a fist, "Which reminds me..."

Dabi hadn't expected Hawks to actually punch him. His fist collided with his cheek and tugged on a couple staples.

"That's for trying to set my girlfriend on fire," Hawks spat, "I would say we're even but I'm sure she wants to hit you too."

Dabi chuckled darkly. He ran his tongue across his damaged lip, "Taking your fake relationship so seriously! Where is our little princess anyway? I'm sad I don't get to see her today. We had so much fun last time."

Hitting him may have been a mistake. Hawks had to keep his emotions in check. He couldn't jeopardize this, so he reeled it back in a little, "You have to admit, it was a dick move."

"She wanted to play the role of the hero, I was simply following along as the villain. She really upset with me? Maybe I should pay her a visit and apologize..."

Hawks held his breath - anything to keep him from exploding. "When am I going to pay a visit to your boss, Dabi?" he changed the subject, "I'm being strung along here."

"You have been a decent asset I suppose. Maybe you would be interested in a trade?"

Hawks could already tell he wasn't going to like this.

"We don't need (Y/N) to be a hero in order to be useful. I'd much rather her flourish with her shiny new assassin army under my watch. Bring her back to The League, and I'm sure Shigaraki would receive you personally," Dabi offered, "I think everyone wins, right?"

Hawks scoffed, "Make (Y/N) the offer. It's her call. I'm not moving her around like cargo."

"Maybe I will. What - nervous she'll say yes?"

Was he? Hawks was doing his best to keep you in the game but out of a trap. After Dabi revealed his murderous colors earlier, he was more against the idea of planting you in their ranks. Even if you could be the one to bring down Shigaraki, Hawks was too uncertain about your fate.

"Take care then, hero," Dabi walked past Hawks, not cowering or flinching in anticipation of being hit again. Just lax with his hands in his coat pockets. "I'll be waiting."

"Do you happen to have any particular interest in the hero, Endeavor?"

Dabi didn't stop, but he was silent for a minute. Hawks turned to observe the villain, "Sure seemed like it back there. Got bad history together or something?" He asked.

"Why wouldn't I be interested?" Dabi answered with another question, "He is the number one, right?"

Like it was going to be that easy, Hawks thought. He chewed the inside of his cheek, "Right."