S5 Part 28 - Mr. Brightside

AN: Made a few edits 🤪 sorry for the double post!

It was time to go home.

Hawks couldn't keep his hands off you the entire ferry ride back. If you were casually sitting, standing, walking on deck or hiding in broom closets... Hawks. Hawks. Hawks.

Even his seemingly innocent touches along your shoulders or thighs when in public drove you mad. How had you won over the heart of this hero? Not that you sucked or anything, just... how?!

The high from your romantic trip seemed to escalate, hard, like a shooting star; beautiful hot, fiery...

And ultimately, short-lived.

"Everything okay?"

Back in your room at Hawks' agency, Hawks finally addressed the melancholy mood you had since stepping foot back on land.

"Kid?" Hawks asked again, "Somethings been on your mind. I can tell." He pat his chest, referring to your change in heart beats.

Damn, even keeping your thoughts to yourself didn't work. Your heart was such a blabber mouth.

"Well, yeah... We're back on duty and I'm kinda nervous. But I really did have an amazing time, Hawks... Thank you."

You tossed your suitcase in the corner and kicked off your sandals. No matter how many showers you took, the sand from your toes wouldn't disappear.

He frowned, watching you slowly getting settled. "You know, just cuz we're back doesn't mean I want to put the walls between us back up too."

What - was he mad you hadn't said Keigo? It just slipped now that you were back at his agency.

Hawks stepped closer, forcing you to pause on your unpacking. One of his fingers curled under your chin and lifted your face to his. You wanted to melt under the heat of his golden eyes. "I meant what I said on the island, (Y/N). I thought our little adventures proved more than that to you."

The seriousness in his tone made your knees weak. Your heart was on fire, wanting to give into him completely.

He was such an incredible person. But what about the life you'd live together? Would your love always be in the shadows while the two of you stood together in the spotlight of hero society?

You didn't know how to express what worries plagued you at the moment, so you kissed him instead. He smirked as you slid your arms around his shoulders. If only you could make out forever instead of having real responsibilities.

Like responding the the leader of The League of Villains...

Hawks slowly migrated you backward until you hit the end of your bed and fell back. You squealed when he pounced, attacking your neck with little bites next.

"It tickles! Stop!" You cried, smacking his chest.

"You better order us some lunch then," he snickered. "Cuz I'm hungry, and you're looking hella tasty."

Hawks bit a little harder when he located your sweet spot. Your giggling ceased almost immediately, as your body rewired itself to receive pleasure.

He lingered there, using his tongue to massage the skin he held captive in his mouth. Your heart was already thumping loud enough for you to hear. You were still in a skimpy beach dress and Hawks had already been tempted by it all morning.

His hand slid beneath one of your straps and pulled it down your arm. He started on the other while his knee fit its way between your legs.

"I'm still a little drunk on you," he said, "I think you might just kill me."