S5 Part 21 - The Sound of Music

It was chaos.

As soon as Monoma made a move and Shinso freed himself, Hawks executed the rescue.

You all knew where the trafficked girls were and their captors. It would have gone smoother not in the belly of the beast, but that option was long gone.

Your focus was on Izaya. The creep had run off somewhere, but that wasn't going to fly this time. He was going to be stopped and taken into custody even if he managed to worm his way out of prison.

You wanted the satisfaction of him in handcuffs, just as you wore Overhaul's stupid cuffs. Make him feel helpless. Make him squirm...

Your power was deadly from all the energy you accumulated; horns, wings, and even nails, reached the max level of a succubus queen. The masked criminals cowered in your path, and rightfully so. One flick and they were sent flying.

Sick bastards...

Finally, you spotted Izaya again, trying to escape through a curtained doorway. You pounced on him with enough force to break some bones.

"Leaving so soon?" you scowled, "But this party is just for you."

"Ooo. Scary," he coughed.

Your excitement turned sour when his body became a black mist, clinging to the shadows against the wall. With a growl, your palms met the carpeted floors.

"Dammit!" you clenched your clawed fingers. You vaguely remembered his quirk now, from so long ago (AN: first book, omg...) So long as there was darkness in the room it would literally be like trying to capture smoke.

"ASAHI!" you yelled for him to either find you and hear you, or blast his eardrums over the hero-mic.

In the meantime, you watched the dark corners carefully for shifting images and signs of Izaya. You felt like you heard Hawks or someone speaking to you from the madness, but you knew your friends were capable. They could handle things.

So long as you found Izaya.

You felt like a wolf sniffing for the blood of your prey - and you found it. Izaya became himself again and ran down a hallway that no one else had gotten to yet.

Blood pounded in your ears. The bastard was actually smiling? He had a weapon on him, just a small knife he could've found on the floor.

Izaya was fast, but you were faster. As soon as he escaped into another distant room, you used your claws to slice through his clothing.

You grinned as you saw blood drip from your nails.

"Damn," Izaya chuckled but it was strained, "I really pissed you off, eh?"

"You think."

He was sprawled on the floor, scooting back on his rump. "Come on. You can't hate me that much. I think we're just gearing your negativity in the wrong direction."

You slid your claws together to sound like knives sharpening. Izaya sighed. He pressed a hand to his chest that now had three long drags across.

"You wanted to draw blood, you should've just said so..." he said and dematerialized again.

You could hear the faint sound of him giggling as he traveled along the walls. But it was like a whisper of a ghost and impossible to pinpoint.

Suddenly, you felt your forearm burning. When you looked down, a long gash glistened and bled.

Still couldn't see him.

He somehow sliced your other arm without detection as well. It hurt like hell and further pissed you off. You were feeling more like Bakugo with your nose flaring and fire coming out of your eyes.