S5 Part 30 - Curiouser and Curiouser

Reporters?

A shadow cast from Heller's large wings rising from behind you. The darkness crept toward the newcomer's feet.

"We know who you are," he said.

Detnerat? You withheld a gasp. Right! They were the ones who'd been approaching your cultists. The blue skinned woman rest her hand on her hip. Her dark and green eyes laser-focused on you.

"How flattering!" She said, "Looks like we don't need much introduction! But you can call me Curious! Literally, but also it's my nickname!We don't mean to impede your morning, but since we ran into each other like this, I'd love to interview you about your latest achievement?"

"My latest... oh." She had to be referring to the sex trafficking bust. "Maybe if it was any other day, but I have some very serious business with... McDonald's."

"Oh?"

You nodded. "Yup. Top secret."

It wasn't really a lie.

"How exciting! Perhaps we could cover the cost of your business with the burger people, and we could maybe speak next to our van? I have all of my equipment!"

Luring you to a van? Really?

"Look." You took on your slightly darker tone. "This isn't my first rodeo. I know what kidnapping looks like. How about we quit with the pleasantries... I have places to be."

Heller chuckled. "It's true. She's been kidnapped many times."

"Didn't need to be repeated..."

"You're just that desirable, my queen."

Curious and the fellow in the suit with hair styled back both looked at each other and smiled. "Don't be silly!" She said, "We don't want to begin on bad terms. We have been very keen on meeting you, certainly, but we know you heroes have your hands full. We were lucky to find you out and about today, that's why I'm so eager to talk now!"

"Right... well, what do you want? Just an interview?"

You needed a coffee. Bad. Too bad you didn't really want to take them up on their offer to pay.

"I mean, for starters! But we have so many opportunities we'd like to discuss with you and your gorgeous companion." Curious gushed over Heller briefly, admiring his body. "We're looking to sponsor new heroes and you are exactly what we're looking for!"

"I am?" You asked, "What about Hawks?"

"He's a cutie to be sure, but your ideals and what you represent to superhuman society... that's what we're most attracted to! Perhaps we've just come at a bad time - how about we leave you our cards? I can't promise I won't see you again if I don't hear from you, I am nosy after all! But please think about it! The president of Detnerat, Rikiya Yotsubashi, personally requested you. We're located in Deika City, if you ever wanna make the trip."

She handed you a card and you jerked back. Last time someone handed you a business card they were a Yakuza leader with perverted intentions...

"Thanks, doll face," Heller snatched it for you. "Am I allowed to call for anything I desire?"

She giggled behind her hand while you tried not to vomit.

"I can spare a minute for you, big guy," she winked, "Hope to hear from you both soon!"

As soon as they were far enough away, you whacked Heller in the back of the head with your tail.

"That's not very nice, kijo..."