S5 Part 29 - Baby, Baby!

"No

"No..."

Tears welled in your eyes as you gazed at the four babies sitting in a row on the coffee table. Their mushy arms made you think of melting marshmallows sticking together.

Hawks kept trying to grab his own wings, ultimately rolling backward. You always thought the black markings around his eyes were purely makeup but nope. Looked like he was born with it too.

Shinso kept getting fussy, just wanting you to hold him. His little hands opened and closed, reaching for you and breaking your heart. Even his grumpy pouts were cute.

Denki just kept looking around like he was at Disneyland; it was almost impossible for him to sit still.

Tokoyami was the best. He just fell asleep sitting up.

"Oh, gods..." You sobbed. "What do we do? They're not like this forever, right?"

Monarch stole Hawks from the table, cooing and tickling his round belly. "They're awfully cute though. We should probably find them some infant clothes."

"... Infant clothes?!" Your raised voice startled the others. Denki wailed instantly. "Shit... shoot! I'm sorry! Don't cry!"

You scooped the blond baby up while he settled down, but that only made Shinso jealous. Now, both boys were crying and took up both of your arms.

"I don't want to buy them baby clothes! I want them back to normal!" You said. Hagakure kept their shirts on but they were obviously oversized and more like potato sacks. "We need to find who did this!"

"Of course, pumpkin, but for the time being, they are babies and need our help," Monarch said, "Should we inform their parents?"

"No! I mean... unless we can't find a solution by tomorrow, then..."

You held Shinso and Denki out in front of you. Both of them gazed at you with large, glossy eyes. Denki was blinking away tears but gave you a goofy smile. He snickered and made bubbles with his tongue.

Shinso pushed Denki's head aside and collapsed onto your chest. He grasped the ends of your hair to ensure he couldn't be moved.

Territorial even as a baby, huh?

"I can't believe this..." You really couldn't. What if it was permanent? What if they were babies, again, and had to start life over! No more heroes, no more school... You couldn't be with them! Only as their babysitter!

Noooooo!!!

Heller had been standing off to the side but then sauntered toward Monarch and Hawks. Right away, Hawks made some cheeky noises - possibly growls?

"Well, this solves my problems," Heller smirked, pinching Hawk's nose. "And I didn't even have to kill you. Win, win."

Baby Hawks leaned forward and snatched Heller's exposed nipple. (If you know babies, their grips are ones of death lol!!) The demon's eyes popped open. His dark laughter wavered from the pulling and twisting.