S5 Part 7 - Give Them a Show

"(Y/N)," Shoto made a blank expression at Hawks' arm around you, "It's good to see you."

You didn't love the awkward tension, but wasn't there always a little when it came to you two? Especially with you away from school and unable to see him all the time, you wanted things to be better with Shoto. Hawks grinned and squeezed your hip a little tighter when he felt you pulling away.

Such a child...

"It's really good to see you too," you said, "A-And, Endeavor. Sir..."

His fiery brow flared as he towered over all of you, "Hmph. I liked it better when I thought you were dating Shoto. Not sure how you can stand Hawks."

"Me neither," you tried to make a quick joke, earning as ass-pinch from Hawks. So much for the situation getting less awkward.

"Morning, Endeavor!" Hawks waved with his free hand, "Can't waaait to see you kill it up there."

Endeavor suddenly looked less angry and more solemn. It was brief, as he grunted again and stomped away. The crowd moved around him like he was Moses parting The Red Sea.

"Is your dad doing okay?" You asked Shoto. His red and white head fell to the side as if you asked why the sky was blue. Was it weird that you asked?

Hawks answered for him, "Why wouldn't he be fine? He's number one, now. Aren't you proud of your old man, Todoroki?"

"I guess," Shoto muttered.

You remembered your conversation with Shoto ages back. Endeavor wasn't the greatest father figure or husband - far from it, actually. Hawks probably didn't know that, but you still didn't care for his prying or his tone.

"We should get going?" You suggested, sliding out of Hawks' grip. He frowned but let you leave. You gave him a little wave before sending him off the be famous and whatnot.

"Aw, baby bird," he took your hand and pulled you back to him. He gave you a devious smile before stealing a kiss, "Don't leave a guy hanging."

Mirio led the way to your seats. He got some near the front and no one protested as you made your way through the others finding spots. You were heroes now, you remembered. Everyone expected you to be here.

You sat down next to Tamaki with Shoto on your other side. The level of social awkwardness reached its max.

"So!" You slapped your hands on your knees, startling both of them, "H-How are things are UA, Shoto?"

He paused for a moment, "Well, I can't say it's been back to normal. You know I want to have a serious talk, (Y/N)."

"Yeah... I figured..."

"If that's alright," he added.

I nodded, "Sure. I mean, I've been wanting to talk for a while, now. I-"

"WOOOOOOOOOO!! Yeah! That's our girl!" Mirio started shouting and it nearly made you spring out of your chair, "(Y/N), check it out! You look good up there."

While the stage was currently empty, awaiting the top tier heroes, the announcer spoke quickly and excitedly, filling the stadium with their high-pitched voice. Screens were stationed around the auditorium that were playing ads featuring various heroes. And then...

Your video played.

AN: I'm not talented enough to write music so you're a cover artist and can cover whatever you want 🤣 I messed with Turn Me On - David Guetta because it seemed to fit the character and story in a funny way 💁‍♀️