Chapter 30

Previously on Chapter 29

He just give me a small smile and turn around. He starts walking without another word. Rin stands next to me and smile. She gently holds my hand. I smile at her and starts to walk, quietly following Sesshomaru. Looks like I'll be spending some time with these group in the meantime. I really can't be around Kagome for a while. What she said earlier really hurts me.

How could you say that, Kagome?

-Shocking Discovery-

Y/N P.O.V

For days we've been walking around the place. My hand is being held by Rin, who walks happily next to me. She looks so happy every time I'm here. At least, someone appreciates me for who I am. My kind drift off to the argument I had with Kagome a while ago. How she called me stubborn for wanting to stay here in Feudal Japan.

Kagome... of all people, she should have known better how hard it was to fit in modern Japan. She should know how hard it is for me... being a demon and all. How could she say something like that.

I flinch when I bump into a something hard. I look up to see Sesshomaru have stopped walking. I look at him in confusion.

"Why did you stop all the sudden? And why didn't you give me a warning?? My nose hurts!" I said. I rub my nose because it hurts from bumping into his back. Man... what is he made of?

He turns to look at me, without saying anything. I raise an eyebrow. "What?" I asked. He lift his hand, still silent. I froze in my spot when I feel his hand on my cheek.

I just stare at him as he stare at me with his hand is still caressing my cheek. He gently wipe the tears in my eyes, only then I realize that I had been crying. I move a couple of steps back and wipe the rest of the tears.

"Why are you crying?" He asked. "It's nothing..." I said. He gives me a 'I don't trust you. Tell me the truth' look. I let out a sigh and look down. "I'm just still hurt over the fact that Kagome said that I was being stubborn. She should know better how hard it was for me to fit in back in the modern era..." I said, looking down.

I froze when I feel a pair of arms wrapped around me. I pull away slightly. I look up to see Sesshomaru looking at me. I didn't expect Sesshomaru to show any sign of caring, giving that he's one of the coldest person... well demon, I have ever known.

He place his hand on my head, gently pulling me close to his chest. I lean my head against his chest. I close my eyes as more tears begin to stream down. I start to cry silently, while Sesshomaru caresses my hair.

Sesshomaru move to sit down, letting me sit on his lap. I bury my face in his chest as I cry more. He just stays silent as he continue to hold me.

After a while, I finally calm down. But I feel tired. I let myself relax in Sesshomaru's arms. Eventually, I start to drift off to sleep.

Dream

I'm walking around of what seem to be a lake. I just walk closer to the water and stare at my reflection. I take a seat by the lake, dipping my feet into the water.

"Hello, Y/N..." a voice said. I jump at the voice and look around. But no matter where I look, I can't see anyone here. "Hello?" I said, looking around.

"Beneath you..." the voice said again. I look down to see the water beneath me. It starts to give off a soft glow. I stare at it in confusion. What's going on?

Suddenly, a figure emerge from the surface of the water. It's a woman, and she looks beautiful.

I stare at her in confusion

I stare at her in confusion. I stand up and look at her in the eyes.

"W-Who are y-you?" I asked. "Y/N dear. We meet, at last..." she said, smiling at me. "H-How did you k-know my name? Who are you??" I asked. "I'm Vodyanoi. I'm a water demon... and you're my child. Of course I'd know you. You've grown so well, my dear..." she said. I stare at her in shock.

"I'm your child? So... you're my mother?" I asked. She smiles and nods her head. "B-But... Naraku said..." I said. "He took you away from me..." she said.

"So... he's not my dad? And I'm not his creation?" I asked. "You are his daughter, Y/N. But you're not from the dead. You're more than what you think you are..." she said. "I'm confused..." I said. She smiles and nods her head.

"I know, sweetie. I know there's a lot to take in. But that's not important as of right now. I have to tell you something, Y/N..." she said. "What is it?" I said. "You're not a normal demon..." she said. "What do you mean? All I know is that I'm a dragon demon" I asked.

"You think you're a dragon demon because it's the first form you took. So your mind makes you believe that you're a dragon demon. But no, honey. You're a Nyx. A shapeshifter demon. You can take form of any demon" she said.

"But why didn't I notice this?" I asked. "Because the demon blood in your vein is getting stronger, Y/N. You have to train properly, or you won't be able to control it..." she said. "How do I train? Are there like me out there?" I said. "You're the last of our kind, Y/N. But if you have a problem... you can reach out to me..." she said. I just nod my head at her comment.

"We shall meet again, Y/N..." she said. "Okay..." I said. "I love you, honey... I may not be around you. But I'm always there to look after you..." she said. I just stare at her as her body begins to glow. I close my eyes at how bright it gets.

End of Dream

I open my eyes to see it's night time. I sit up and turn to look around me. I stare at my hand in confusion. I can't believe what I heard in that dream... or was it a dream? Or a vision?

Is that woman really my mother? She also said that if I face any kind of trouble I can just reach out and talk to her. But how?

Like this, honey... a voice said. I jump at the sudden voice. I look around, but see no one except for Rin who is sleeping next to me. Not far from us is A-Un and Jaken, while Sesshomaru is no where in sight.

'Mother?' I said. I'm inside your mind... this is how you will always be able to reach out to me when you needed help... she said. 'Wow... cool...' I said. I hear her giggling inside my mind. I can't believe it, I have a mom. All this time I thought I'm one of the dead who got resurrected. But no... I was born. I'm born as a Nyx. This is such a shocking discovery.

*to be continued*