Chapter 38: Where Is It?

Your POV

With nothing else left for you to do in the woods, you all decide to go back to the hotel. Mark is driving again while Wilford remains in the back seat. Every few minutes you look over at Mark, you can tell he's thinking really hard and you have a suspicion it's not about directions. You choose not to say anything to him about it though, it's probably none of your business anyway. 

Mark's POV

I've been thinking about what I should do, and finally, once we've almost made it back to the hotel, I think I've got it. I just need some help. A distraction. We pull up in the parking lot and (F/n) is the first out of the car. I turn around and see Wilford about to open the door. "Wait," I say to him quickly, "I need you to help me out." "Yea, a distraction, I know. What do I need to do exactly?" his reply almost startles me before I remember he's still connected to me. "I need you to take (F/n) somewhere, anywhere. Just make sure she doesn't come back to the hotel for at least a half an hour." "Okay, I'll trust that you aren't going to do anything bad," he says squinting his eyes a little from being unsure. "I would never do anything bad to her. Just go along with what I say," I tell him and get out of the car. (F/n) is standing beside the car looking down at the book in her hands. "Hey, (F/n), why don't you and Wilford go some place and I'll take your book up to your room," I tell her. She looks back at me a little confused, "Why aren't you coming?" "I have to record. My fans are probably worried, I haven't posted much since we got here. You guys go on out and enjoy the town and I'll take care of business. If you'd like, I can put your stuff in your room for you so you don't have to carry it around." She walks over and hands me the book and her room key. That's what I wanted. "Thank you," she says, flashing a small smile at me which makes my heart skip a beat. She turns around and looks at Wilford, "So where are we going?" "It's a surprise," he answers quickly, trying not to draw suspicion onto my plan, thank god he's the good one. 

She smiles and looks at the ground and they begin to walk toward the main street in town. He better not try to pull any funny business. That would completely ruin the point of this whole thing. 

I make my way up to her room and enter it. This is going to feel so wrong, but I have to do it. I'm not doing this because I want to, but because I have to. I place the book on her night stand and go over to her bags sitting on the floor. As horrible as I feel about it, I start sifting through her things looking for it, but it's not here. Where is it? I start searching through the drawers of the dresser looking for it, but it's not there either. Where could it be? Then, I realize, she could have used it recently. I go over to her nightstand and open the drawer. I was right. I reach in and grab it. It smells like her perfume. I open it and read the first page with only a few words on it. 

Mark, if you've found this, don't read it. Love ya though, weirdo.

Connection to the beginning!! (Hint: if you don't get what he's found, check the end of chapter 5) Thank you all so much for reading! I've got the rest of this story all figured out and I think you all are going to love the ending, and maybe love a possible sequel. Just sayin. 

Anyways, thank you all so much for everything and as always, I will see you in the next chapter. 

Bye bye!