Chapter 2: Things Will Never Be The Same

Mark peeks his head around the corner, you stand out of the way. "What the fuck?" he mutters under his breath. "Who are they?" you ask as quiet as possible. They're facing the opposite direction of you two, so you can't see their faces. All you can really see is their heads and a tiny portion of their shoulders. One wears a tall top hat, you can see the dark hairs peeking out from under the black hat. The same guy wears a red and white striped suit jacket, you can see the squared off shoulders. The other man has dark hair just like the other. His neck is grey looking, almost sickly. His shirt just as black as his hair. 

"No," Mark whispered to himself, "this isn't possible." You pull him farther into the kitchen so you could talk without the two men hearing you. "Mark, tell me who the hell those people are," you demand. He looks around the room in thought for a moment, then to the ground, "I'm not a hundred percent sure I know who they are, but I have an idea," he looks toward the living room, "I'll be right back." He walks away from you and enters the living room. You slowly follow his steps, trying to be as quiet as possible. You peek your head around the door frame, you can't help yourself. Something deep down inside you tells you that you need to know who those guys are.

Mark slowly makes his way around the couch to see the men's faces. The moment his eyes see them, his jaw drops. You're so confused; why is it so surprising that there are people here? Mark hasn't noticed your snooping yet; your curiosity forces you to stay right where you are. Mark sits down on the other side of the L shaped couch. He looks down at the ground, probably trying to figure out what he should say. You see his lips move, but he's whispering so you can't make out what he's saying. 

Mark's POV

"How... You guys aren't even.... What....," I can't get the words out. "My dear Mark," Wilford chuckled and looks over to Dark, "Why, Dark, I think we've surprised him." Dark's evil laugh sounds much more powerful than Wilford's small chuckle. Dark looks over to me, "You aren't even happy to see us?" Dark asks. I think for a moment before answering. I didn't even know these guys existed. They aren't even real, right? And if they have always existed, why show up now? What's so special about this moment that they decided to show up now? These questions would haunt me until I got some answers. "How did you guys even get here?" I ask them both. "We've always been here. You've just never seen us. We've been trapped in your mind for years," Dark tells me. "If you've always been around, then why come out of my mind now?" I ask them. They look at each other, probably wondering what to say. Wilford looks back at me, "Mark, so full of questions. You're too eager. We've got plenty of time here. We won't be going anywhere for a while." Dark mutters under his breath, "hopefully."

"Hopefully?" I question. Dark looks off into the distance. Wilford's gaze shifts to the ground, then slowly moves to Dark. Both are obviously hesitant to answer. "Guys?" I remind them there's an unanswered question on the table. "Well... You see...," Dark comes back to reality and elbows Wilford, cutting off his sentence. His eyes grow large as if telling him not to say anything. "We can't say anything about it," Wilford informs me. "Why not?" I ask. Why would they not be able to tell me? They obviously know why they just refuse to tell me for some reason. All of a sudden, there's a thud coming from the kitchen. I look up and over Wilford and Dark's heads and see (F/n) wobbling in the doorway, she must've fallen over while eavesdropping. Of course she was, I was expecting it. Wilford and Dark both turn around to look at her, and her eyes grow wide and her jaw drops as she dashes back into the kitchen. 

They both turn back around with wide eyes. "She's a lot hotter in person than she is from the view in your brain," Dark says, an evil grin forms on his face. "Hey, that's my girlfriend. Don't even think about it," I turn and face Wilford, "either of you." They both throw their hands in the air defensively, "Hey, we're you. So technically if anything did happen, she'd still be with you," Dark insisted. "No. Nothing is going to happen. Between anyone. Don't ruin this for me. I really like this girl, the problem is, she can't remember me," I look down to the ground. I don't want sympathy, I just want things back to the way they used to be. "Oh, but my dear Mark. Things will never be the same," Wilford said.