Chapter 27: Look Me In The Eyes

Your POV

"I'm going to call him back," you say, steam almost visibly coming out of your ears. "He probably won't answer," Mark says quietly. "I don't care. You know what, if he doesn't answer then it's over," you pull out your phone again and press call. After about seven rings, it goes to voicemail. You patiently wait for the beep, then it all spills out, "Wilford, I honestly thought you loved me and I thought I loved you too, but obviously not. I can't do this right now and you're making this shit really complicated right now on top of everything I'm already going through. I refuse to try to figure out what memories are true or false, plus find this goddamn witch, and put up with your dramatic bullshit! It's over." You hang up the phone and throw it in the backseat. You glance over at Mark, seeing his head jerk. He was obviously staring at you. His profile shows his mouth open wide as well as his eyes. "Well, are we gonna go kick some witch ass or sit here?" you say, probably a little too smart-assy. After all, Mark hasn't done anything wrong.

You continue helping Mark with the directions. There's some very obvious tension mixed with awkwardness in the air. "I'm sorry you had to hear that," you finally say. "It's okay, I'm sorry you had to go through that. He loved you, ya know?" his words come as a surprise. "Then why doesn't he act like it?" you say, putting more attitude into it than you were hoping for. "It's hard to explain. I don't want to pile too much information on you, especially since your original memories aren't even back yet." "Mark Fischbach, if you have any clue as to what is going on you tell me right now or I swear I'll-" He cuts you off, "no you won't." You stare at him like he's crazy, did he really just say that? "(F/n), I know you better than anyone. Plus, how could you possibly hurt this face," he makes the most adorable looking puppy dog face. "Come on, Mark. You know that doesn't work on me." "See, I know you better than you do. I know for a fact it works on you. I can get you to do whatever I want," he says. You think to yourself, "then why did I end up with Wilford if you can 'control me'" It wasn't until you saw his face that you realized you said it out loud. "Shit," you mumble, looking away in embarrassment. "(F/n), I'm not really into you. I've always seen you as more of a friend," he says. "Then look me in the eyes and say that exact sentence," you look at him. "I can't," he mumbles. "Exactly," you cross your arms as you tell him the final turn, "next house on the left."

____ POV

I listen to it over and over. Every word, every sentence another stab in my heart. This is undoubtably and undeniably the worst pain I have ever felt.

Thank you all so much for over 6000 reads. Wow. Plus 200 followers. You guys truly are my favorite people on the internet. Thank you all so much for making my dreams come true!

(Yes I internationally left the blank there)

And as always, I will see you in he next chapter.

Bye bye!