Chapter 27 - A Crash Course in Aviation

July 4, 2025

Independence Day

Washington DC 08:30:30 hours daytime.

As the entire nation celebrate their of independence. Pres. Mullins decides to go out and join the parade. Enterprise is serving as his lone close-in security. The other agents are in a box formation protecting the president while two convoys of police and military escorts cover the front as well as the rear. From the sky, attack helicopters and fighter jets serves as air cover. The crowd is cheering and whistling as the presidential convoy passes them while "Yankee Doodle Went to Town" is being played.

Then it was followed by the "The Caisons Come Rolling Along" which is also known as the"US Field Artillery March".

And finally the military band played "Battle Hymn of the Republic".

The navy band also played their theme.

The US Marine Corp band also played their theme.

Even the US Air Force band got in the act as well.

It was truly a patriotic day for the United States. But for Enterprise it was her first time to hear these songs played live as a human. When she was a ship, it was played throughout the hallways and onto the flight deck. Even though she is smiling. She is hurting inside as the man who became her mentor, colleague, and boyfriend is not there with her. But she knows that he is still alive. The only problem is that his location is still unknown to her.

As the independence day celebration ends in a colorful fireworks display.
Pres. Mullins has secretly called one of his former instructors in Annapolis, Maryland. He tells him that he is going to send Enterprise over there to undergo aviation training. As he and the R.A.G. instructor have a conversation. Enterprise is in her office thinking about what Pres. Mullins said to her two days ago about Capt. Fernandez.