Why Didn't You Say Goodbye?

Obi-Wan's P.O.V.

"There's not enough power to get us to Coruscant." The Pilot speaks up as we fly through the galaxy. "The hyper-drive is leaking."

"We'll have to land somewhere to refuel and repair the ship."

Vale blurts out while coming up behind where I'm sitting. We just got through the Federation's blockade, but we got hit on the way out of it. I'm currently looking up planets near us to land so we can fix our repairs.

"Here, Master. Tatooine." I speak up when finding reading about the planet on the map's panel. "It's small, out of the way, poor. The Trade Federation has no presence there."

"How can you be sure?"

"It's controlled by the Hutts."

Vale answers while resting a hand on the edge of my seat. She leans over my shoulder to read the information herself. I feel anxious about her closeness to me but ignore for the sake of not wanting confutation. She glances behind her to my Master and explains.

"If we keep a low profile, no one will notice we're there."

"You can't take Her Royal Highness there. The Hutts are gangsters." The Captain argues from his seat in the cockpit. "If they discover her-"

"It'd be no different than if we landed on a system controlled by the Federation." Qui-Gon defends while coming to my other side to inspect the intel of the planet. "Except that the Hutts aren't looking for her, which gives us the advantage."

"I'll notify the Queen."

Vale stands up straight, glancing around the cockpit, sending a look to the Captain, daring him to stop her. I glance behind me and watch her leave to the Queen's chambers. Letting out a breath, I shake my head slightly, trying to control my thoughts as I turn back to the screen.

Vale looks just like did two years ago. She hasn't aged a day. Yet, she looks so different, which I don't know how it's possible. V looks like a true Naboolian when my eyes caught sight of her.

However, it doesn't help that she's dressed like one. She's wearing a flattering light blue dress that shows off her curves. Her hair's done up like a political figure with pearls and she wearing makeup. You'd never suspect a beautiful Naboolian woman such as herself is in the Jedi Order.

When I saw her, I felt my heart skip a beat. I was in awe seeing her beside the Queen. It didn't accrue to me I'd see her on this mission. Then again, I honestly didn't expect to see her for another six years.

When our eyes met, I quickly remember how we left things on Coruscant. How she left without saying goodbye, how she didn't let me see her go. The thought of being robbed that morning echoes in my mind like it was just yesterday.

Honestly, because of that, I'm unsure of what to say to Vale or even how to act around her. I want to welcome her with open arms like any friend would. Yet, friends don't leave without saying goodbye.

~Engine Room~

"Stars... You scared me."

I breathe out with a hand on my chest. Vale's head had popped out from the hyper-drive generator just as I walked in. She has a smudge of black grease on her cheek and I presume she's been inspecting each part of the engine to see what needs to be fixed.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." She speaks up while wiping her hands on a rag. "I heard the door open and..."

Her words slowly die from her lips, and she shrugs her shoulders. I nod and walk around the hyper-drive generator to stand beside her. She is still wearing the light blue dress but not her hair looks loose and slightly messy.