The Moment I Knew

Vale's P.O.V.

"I am stuck, I repeat, I am stuck!"

"I'm so sorry Vale! We're going to get you out!"

"I don't know, Anakin... This will make our lesson more enjoyable."

"Obi-Wan Kenobi, you get me down right now!"

I shout in frustration while kicking my legs and trying to free my arms. Obi-Wan talked me into letting Anakin to use me as something to move in the force. We're in the jungle building up his levitation skills in the force.

He picked me and a handful of boulders around us using the force. I thought using myself would help him take it more seriously instead of just using rocks. However, I kept going higher in the air until I was above the treeline.

That's when I called out to Ani and Obi-Wan to put me back on the ground. Panicking in worry, thinking he's hurting me, Anakin stopped using the force. Which led to me falling back into the jungle.

I hit branches and vines on the way down, but before I could hit the ground, I got caught in tons of vines. So here I am, hanging inches off the ground with vines wrapped around my waist and arms. I can hear Anakin panicking like I'm dead or worse; I'm pissed at him.

"Alright, Alright..." Obi-Wan sighs while walking around me inspecting the vines I'm stuck in. "You know this could be a great learning exercise-"

"Don't even think about it." I groan while lifting my head to look at him. "Just get me down... Please."

"Someone's in a mood today."

Obi-Wan whispers to Anakin, only making me more upset that I haven't been cut down yet. I can see my light saber yards away from me from when it got clipped off me as I fell. Peering behind me, I see Obi-Wan standing right behind me beside Anakin, not moving a muscle to get me down.

Obi-Wan's eyes are roaming over my body in the tangled mess while Anakin trying to hold it together. The kid has seen me utterly furious with Obi-Wan, but never with him. So I'm sure he's panicking about how I'll react to him once I get down.

"I swear on your life if you don't get me down now-"

"Relax, Vale. Can I just have a second to appreciate you begging for me?" He interrupts me while patting my butt in the air. "You know I'll always take care of you."

Groaning in irritation at his hidden meaning, I wait for him to actually do something to help me. A second later, I feel myself drop to the ground. Standing up, pushing all the vines off me, I see Obi-Wan shutting down his saber and putting it back on his belt.

I grab a rock from the ground instantly and chuck it at him, hitting his chest. He grunts and steps back as I go to where my saber is laying.  Picking it up and storming to the stone village, I declare no room for a discussion.

"You two are on your own. I'm done for today."

"Vale, please, come on-"

"Look who's begging now?"

Anakin's P.O.V.

"Do you know when we'll get back in the field?"

"I'm not sure about us." Obi-Wan answers while opening up another clam. "Vale might go back out for a mission or two soon."

I nod, trying to keep a positive mind as I slurp the inside of a clam. I'm siting beside Obi-Wan on the beach with a pile of clams we caught in the ocean. Vale's beside Obi-Wan with a pile of her own.

We just finished an exercise that involved getting clams and now we're eating our reward. They're bad not at all. Vale said she loved this exercise when Qui-Gon had them do it, since they got to eat as much as they caught.