We Made That

Obi-Wan's P.O.V.

"Oh, my god!" Vale shouts as another contraction starts. "Come out already!"

"Your contractions are coming closer, V."

I speak up in a grunt from her clenching down hard on my one real hand. Vale's laying on a medic bed in a clinic on Naboo; her water broke an hour ago and we've been here for half an hour waiting for the baby to be ready to come out. Glancing at the front door to the medic's room, I suggest quickly while standing up.

"I think it's time to call in the medic droids-"

"Wait. Wait. Please, Obi-Wan." Vale groans out dramatically while shaking her head. With one hand clenching around mine, her other is holding her nine-month belly as she cries out. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

I blurt out in concern and rest my robotic hands gently on her stomach beside her hand. There's not a single thing I can think of her apologizing for. Opening her eyes, she looks at me with a pitiful expression as sweat builds on her forehead.

"I'm not sure yet... I just know babies make mother go crazy and I already drive you crazy. I'm going to make mistakes and blame it on you. Please, don't leave me."

Vale babbles on ridiculously in an emotional voice and I can't help but smile at her genuinely. Moving my hand from her stomach, I pet her hair back in comfort. Meeting her eyes, I tilt my head and speak up, trying to hold back my amusement.

"Darling, you're a bit emotional right now."

"... I killed my father and mother. Of course I'm an emotional crazy mess and I'm only going to get crazier, Obi-Wan. What happens when the kid asks about his grandparents?" Vale goes on babbling everything on her mind while clamping my hand in hers. "... How can I raise a child? I'm a walking mess and I'm going to end up cutting their arm off-"

"Valera." I let out a faint laugh while making her meet my eyes. "We raised Anakin, didn't we and he turned out just fine?"

"He's just as crazy as me." She suddenly cries dramatically out from what I said. "Our kid is going to end up like Anakin. He's going to get his arms cut off and do everything we tell them not to do. They're going to get into all sorts of trouble-"

"Vale, sweetheart. Relax, everything is going to work out." I speak up intently while resting my hand on her cheek. "This is just like a mission and missions are what you and I do the best. This is our greatest mission yet, and I love we get to do it together. We can make this work."

"You really think so?" Vale tilts her head as she calms down and stares at me. Nodding to her smiling, I assure her with all honesty. "Of course, I do. Who else but us can make this work beside us? We've been doing it since day one. Who can handle crazy better than us?"

"Thank you. Obi-Wan." She mumbles while bringing me into a hug. "I love you so much... Now, get out!"

My eyes go wide and I pull out of her hug from what she said. I take a step back from her, thinking she wants to me leave. She frowns at me for a second before shaking her head and grabbing my hand again.

"No. Not you." She tells me before looking at her stomach and shouting. "Get out!"

"Um... Can we get someone in here, please?"

~Five Hours Later~

"We made this."

Vale whispers while holding our baby in her arms. Sitting next to Vale in a chair beside her, I stare at our son in awe. She's just gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby boy with eyes like mine and cheeks like her.