Bending The Code

Vale's P.O.V.

"How are we going to get answers?" Anakin whispers to me in utter awe. "This city is enormous... Everyone is literally talking to one another."

"We must look at the minor details..." Obi-Wan answers in a hushed voice as me and him walk on either sides of Anakin. "... And see what stands out."

"Everything stands out!"

Anakin blurts out in confusion while looking everywhere. We're walking around the city packed with speeders and people. The sun has just entered the sky, waking around the city's people.

People are walking to their jobs, some are getting breakfast, others are talking in groups on the pavement. Everything seems to stand out to the kid, but Obi-Wan and I know what to look out for. I stop walking and kneel in front of Anakin, holding his arms while Obi-Wan keeps walking.

"Try not to look at everything at once. See what stands out in a crowd." Glancing around, I notice a group of political figures heading towards a building. Nodding my head in their direction, I whisper to Anakin. "Those men over there. What do they look like to you?"

"A group of guys."

"Look harder... Look at where they're heading."

"They look important..." Anakin frowns when look at the building they're heading to. "... They're heading into come kind of bar... I think."

"Exactly." I nod to him, agreeing with him before questioning knowingly. "Now, why would four important men be going into a bar this early in the morning?" Standing up and taking his hand, we keep walking down the pavement as I whisper. "It's questions like that... That we'll find the answers we're looking for."

"Val..." Obi-Wan mumbles to me as he pulls me to this side of the pavement. Coming up close to my side, he whispers into my ear. "Some of the federation's council is here."

"Where?" I mumble while turning to glance around the streets. Feeling Obi-Wan grab my jaw lightly, he moves my head to look at a tall skyscraper as he whispers. "They went inside there."

"Alright..." I mumble while inspecting the name of the building and street. Nodding to Obi-Wan, I blurt out, "Let's keep walking."

The three of us get packed into the crowd of walkers before going down the next street. This is our first day in the city. Today is all about finding potential places to look into. We'll investigate more into them tomorrow, but for now, we're making mental notes and see what our top leads are.

Turning down a few more roads, we see the city's capital building. Obi-Wan and I glance at one another, knowing that where we should go first, but odds are, they'll recognize us. If any capital leaders found out we're here without being notified, we'd get a rude welcome. However, only if the rumors are true.

Nonetheless, it would make this mission messier than it should be. We only want to know if planets are moving towards a new galactic government. Not give them more reasons to do it sooner or go through with it.

As we walk down the street, I feel Anakin pull at my hand. Glancing down at him, I see him nod to something on our left. Peering my eyes over in the direction he's nodding to, I watch a man covered in a cloak going into the capital's building.

I recognize him as one of the congressional representative for Malastare. Frowning, I turn back to Anakin and nod as we continue to walk. I remember him in the Galactic Senate Chamber a few months back.

Glancing at him once more, it dawns on me why the Jedi Council would want me to be more involved with the galaxy politicians. I can recognize them in a crowd and even understand why would be where they are or notice they aren't where they should be. Like this congress man Anakin so happened to point out.